South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, FL

2009 HHR Gatlinburg Get-2-Gether

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 07:49 PM

Exclamation 2009 HHR Gatlinburg Get-2-Gether

The event is on. April 24-26.

Accommodations:
Hampton Inn
Located in the heart of Gatlingurg. Most of the rooms with queen beds are on the side of the hotel overlooking the creek. King rooms have a fireplace but do not have a creek view. Some queen rooms with fireplace as well, but these do not have the creek view.
Queen room (2 queen beds) overlooking creek: $107.10 (regular rate of $129)
Queen room (1 queen bed, sleeper sofa, fireplace, no view): $116.10 ($139)
King room (1 king bed, fireplace, no view): $116.10 ($139)

The second is:
The Bear Skin Lodge
Located just a short walk south of the main drag in Gatlinburg.
**Waiting on group rates for this location.**

Go-kart racing on Friday night. Driving the Tail of the Dragon on Saturday followed by Meet at Mynatt Park with vendors set up, Group Pictures, and Award Prizes. Dinner at Dolly's Dixie Stampede on Saturday nightat 6 pm. Ticket Prices: Adult - $36.01 Children - $20.61

The area has alot to offer for entertainment, shopping, and scenery Any questions should be addressed to Tim (tim tenn).

Yes/Maybe:

HillsdaleHHR-Maybe
ChritonHHR-Maybe
tim tenn
tooter1
luckybiggs-Yes
Memphis HHR-Yes
tireman1554
itschaboykenny-Maybe
chadpuska
shaginwgn
ChevyGrlAlways
Aragon-Yes
TomsHHR
Joelm
07WhiteHHR2LT
scaleguy
jeffs396-Maybe
mity
mudd274
strddr
jonboyb
gravett1
medic33-Maybe
n.j.hhr-Maybe
James06-Maybe
chevyguy-Yes
Galladanb - Yes
g.chinn2 - Yes
Tony_W
HHR Nole
GoFast - Maybe
White Flash II - Maybe
MrVette - Maybe
JCJSS - Maybe
HHRse - Maybe
KYRVNUT - Yes
HHorange - Yes
robotdoc - Yes
Pacecar - Yes
Dream Weaver - Maybe

Last edited by HillsdaleHHR; 03-13-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:54 PM

We might be able to hit this one up. I live right outside Nashville, take about 3 hours.

I was about to ask, why nothing like this happens in TN.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:56 PM

I think if we did this early spring we could get some reasonable rates on a hotel or even muliti person cabins.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:03 PM

Sounds great! If we do something off season, there are a lot of hotels with great rates. They'll be less expensive down the mountain in Pigeon Forge and Sevierville. Up the mountain in Gatlinburg they'll be a bit higher. Of course, the drive up to Gatlinburg is nice, and a convoy of HHRs heading up the road would be very picturesque!

Count me in, and I'll even volunteer to help organize!
Old 04-17-2008, 08:08 PM

Cool Tim Like I said, I haven't been to the area for years but Chris and I have been looking at Cabin Rentals in that area and if you go in May you can get 12 person cabins for about $300 a night. These include a pool table and a hot tub. That's a bargain. I wouldn't mind helping out with planning but think someone closer might have more of an idea of things the area could offer.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:10 PM

Better really do some home work on this one. I live 1 1/2 hours from Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge and there seems to be a "Rod Run" every weekend during the summer weather it's an "official event" or just small clubs. It's a really good place to go and cruise! Maybe contact the Chamber of Commerce?

Check this out
http://www.pigeonforge.com/calendar/calendar.asp

I'm up for it!
Old 04-17-2008, 08:10 PM

I'm in the bottom left corner of the state but would consider a nice cruise to the other side again. I havent been over that way in quite awhile myself. If it works out, maybe I could hookup with some folks along I-40 and we could convoy our way there. I need a vacation away from this place.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:13 PM

I'm 3+ hours away, but have been up a couple of times (most recently this past summer). It's mostly just a matter of phone calls. I think a multi-person cabin would be cool, but we should also have a hotel/motel option available for those who prefer not share a space.

I'll go ahead and start collecting some info on what's in the area, including parks and places for to visit and things to see.

Come on, folks! Let us know who's interested. It's a beautiful area and would be a great place to meet!
Old 04-17-2008, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Memphis_HHR
I'm in the bottom left corner of the state but would consider a nice cruise to the other side again. I havent been over that way in quite awhile myself. If it works out, maybe I could hookup with some folks along I-40 and we could convoy our way there. I need a vacation away from this place.
Great! Nashville is quite centrally located for those coming in from the west and such. We could meet up and head on east!
Old 04-17-2008, 08:15 PM

I'll have to talk to some of my Cedar Point Peeps and see if this is something they would like to attend as well. MrVette, chadpuska, shaginwgn I'm up for a hotel or a cabin. As long as I have a bed

Quick Reply: 2009 HHR Gatlinburg Get-2-Gether