South East MS, AL, TN, GA, SC, NC, FL

North Carolina

Old 08-27-2009, 08:03 PM

Chapel Hill, NC; home of the Heels.
New to the forum and HHR world. Picked up my brand spankin new solid black '09 HHR SS 5-speed sitting on 18s and low profile Michelins last Friday with 36 miles on her; 30 of them being my first and only test drive. I got in her with 6 miles on it ten days ago and, I ain't one to front, this damn sure is the first new car I've ever owned and the feeling I get from knowing each & every mile is my own...simply it's the tits. The last SS I owned was a '69 Chevelle and let's just say I'm lucky to make it out alive from that disastrous teenage combination. To own an SS again is just icing on the cake, but boy oh boy it's some of that TLC icing and cake, the ones they make television shows about. Typically, I'm just not one to brag, rather my actions do the talkin'...but it's hard not to feel good about this ride period...throw in the heavenly deal I got and it's just right effin' dreamy. No thanks to "cash to clunkers", mind you. All good though, what's a lost title worth...$4500? To be exact. Don't get me wrong though, it's all good. I reckon that's that "new car" feeling I've been hearing about for the last 30 years. I'm fiendin' to learn more about customizing this beauty and everything else that goes into making the best out of one's HHR. I'd be interested in linking up for anything HHR related; photos, beers, clubs, audio outfits, women in HHRs, shop; whatever. Appreciate you taking the time to read through my banter, safe to assume you've been fortunate enough to experience that all around feel good vibe just knowing about your new HHR in the driveway. I've got a lot of questions, but I don't wanna be that annoying newbie pest, I just can't see it, but if anyone would like has anything they'd like to share and wouldn't mind taking on a question or two...please get at me, shoot me your email or contact me through this site. If anyone can point me in the right direction for some quality layovers for the bowties, etc...I hope to hear from you.Thanks again for your time ya'll. Be easy. One.

JMFox
Philly Born, NYC Raised, North Carolina PROUD.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:21 PM

Name:  welcome4.gif
Views: 40
Size:  5.6 KB to the site JMFox!!! Don't worry about being an annoying newbie asking questions. That's what this site is for and we were all newbies once.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:39 PM

http://www.rockinghamdragway.com/
Anyone going to Rockingham for the carolinarides dragway event?
Its supposed to be about 90 degrees for the high...so not cool, but just curious who's going out there.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:18 PM

NC proud & loud!

Originally Posted by Neogenic
We should get a carolina mailing list together and do quarterly meets...often they could revolve around things like speedstyles or car shows, or drag races or whatever...but also an annual trip with something like the Biltmore thing.

I might start another thread to do with this if there's interest.

I am working on a Carolina HHR's club idea already.
Keep me in the loop Neo!
Old 08-28-2009, 09:19 PM

Wink

New HHR owner here!

2008 LT2 Panel, loaded.
Lake Norman area, NC
Old 08-29-2009, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by HHR_style
Keep me in the loop Neo!
Originally Posted by Crooz
New HHR owner here!

2008 LT2 Panel, loaded.
Lake Norman area, NC
Will do.

And Congratulations Crooz! Any modification plans?

I am not going today to the Rockingham event. I had to work. Jeckyl is not going either.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:58 PM

Cool

Bought the White HHR last Satuday.
Have ordered: eibach's, & rubber rear bumper fascia cover.

Trying to decide on my visual path for the car.
Thinking about changing out all the chrome, to black chrome. (grill, handles, rail ends, wheels).
Also I'm deciding on the stripes or graphics for the sides or top. Probably in black or dark grey.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Crooz
Bought the White HHR last Satuday.
Have ordered: eibach's, & rubber rear bumper fascia cover.

Trying to decide on my visual path for the car.
Thinking about changing out all the chrome, to black chrome. (grill, handles, rail ends, wheels).
Also I'm deciding on the stripes or graphics for the sides or top. Probably in black or dark grey.
The black chrome parts through gm are nice...hhr style was thinking about tyat too. It can't be had for the ss crew, but a nice option all the way.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:41 PM

N.c.

The Sandhills here. About 5 min from Pinehurst. 09 white 4 door panel 2.2 5 speed
Old 09-01-2009, 06:19 PM

Count me in on any events coming up soon! I'm in Charlotte and I wouldnt mind going on a cruise to let go of some of that stress from college.....
Plus it would be nice to meet some more HHR owners.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: North Carolina