South Mountain UT, AZ, NM, CO

Colorado HHR Club

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 05:54 PM

Colorado HHR Club

As I walked into work today, one of the service advisors pulled me aside and started asking me about my HHR. Apparently he has one too. Well, we got to talking and I learned that he just finished the paperwork on an HHR Club. On top of that, he informed me that he will be installing a brand new body kit in two weeks- one from a company back in Florida. If the body kit looks good, they will mass produce it. Hopefully this all works out.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:32 PM

"Paperwork on an HHR Club" sounds like a scam to get his $$$.

Just start a club! Not many owners hang around the "HHR Club" once they figure out its just there to take your money. The HHR "Club" does nothing for its members. They run 6 other sites dedicated to various other cars. It's just an online slot machine...(they take your money!)

I say start a club - but don't be affiliated (that would turn me off right away).

Just do it! And best of luck with it!
Old 06-28-2006, 07:41 PM

as someone who fell for the "Club" i have to agree. I paid my money and put in the applicatoin for a regional chapter which was eventually approved, but there was so little traffic there that I started following peoples sig files and found a link on someones page back to here. Glad I did.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:59 PM

Think I'll pop on over there tomorrow and see what's up. Want to see the 2 tone HHR's they have anyway and give Bryce on of the flyers I made. Will see what the scoop is. I know what you mean about the "HHR Club"...they got my money too...but you can be sure they won't be getting a renewal. That's $30 I wasted that could have been used on mods for my car.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:07 PM
Platinum Member

Ditto...on all the above.

That was the first site I had found. Bought the membership, and seldom found anyone contributing to the "members" section.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:11 PM

Went to the other site, but found everything here top drawer and I am very happy to advertise my affiliation with this group...Good people, good information and now good friends what more could I want...
Old 06-28-2006, 11:01 PM

I think you misunderstood. I meant that he finished the paperwork with our dealership. See, it would be Medved Chevy sponsored. We're also the main sponsors of the Colorado Camaro Club and we run all of their events. I don't think this has anything to do with what you're talking about. If it did, I would be just as concerned.

BTW- I will post pictures as soon as he installs the body kit on his HHR.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:24 AM

WHEW! That is a relief!

It's never good to say "HHR" and "Club" in the same sentence...

HHR "Run" or HHR "Event" usually gets you a better response!

Best of luck with it and post pics when you have them!

Oh, - and start getting your first event planned!
Old 06-30-2006, 03:25 PM

OK, as it turns out, all of you were right. I'll be talking to him shortly about the matter. He said he's waiting for approval from the HHR Club guys out in California.

Yeah, I noticed that they run other sites. The most obvious one was their PT Cruiser forum. I think I'll look back into doing this with the dealership. After all, that was my original plan.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:33 AM

Count me in..

Hello to one and all HHR buffs. I might be able to help you with the organization of a Colorado "club scene." I was one of the charter members of the (Datsun/Nissan) Z Car Club of Colorado and was also the "founding father" of the Z Car National Convention--(Aspen / 1988). Recently, I sold a show queen 94 Acura NSX (5 blue ribbons in the Cerebral Palsy Annual Concours at ACC). So now, I decided to just sit back and enjoy my daily driver, a Majestic Amethyst 07 HHR. Of course, the "customizing bug" bit me again and having been involved in the customizing and the show car scene since the 50s, I decided to add a little magic to the HHR. A new mesh grill just arrived yesterday, lake pipes and chromed 09 wheels are on their way..just for openers. So enough "facebooking"--if I can be of help and if you need someone with a lot of "retirement-based-free-time" on his hands, count me in. Our weather has turned balmy and maybe it's time to call a meeting somewhere locally or a "campfire" in the high country.
We've had our identity compromised so I don't want to put my personal info on the Internet. If however, someone will contact me through this network forum, I'll help where and when I can. Ben....aka, "Biplaner" ( more toys -- also a passion for aircraft with two wings!)

Quick Reply: Colorado HHR Club