South Mountain UT, AZ, NM, CO

Annual Williams G2G

Old 05-13-2007, 01:24 PM

Annual Williams G2G

During the May G2G talked was going around about a G2G in Williams again and camping out.

Well why not make this an Annual G2G in July. Great way to get out of the heat for the weekend, plus everyone knows when it is held and where.

We can pick the same camp grounds since they had cabins showers and camp sites. Plus it is right there alond route 66

We can take the trip back up to the canyon from there or do something diffrent.

Thought I would toss this out so we have lots of time to plan and are out of state friends can see about joining us.

Retro this give dad lots of time to get the grill ready

Thoughts anyone and all
Old 05-13-2007, 05:23 PM
Founding Member

Mr. B wants to go camping to tell tall tales again!
Old 05-13-2007, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by SindyDix
Mr. B wants to go camping to tell tall tales again!
Sounds good love hearing his stories
Old 05-13-2007, 05:44 PM

Boo Hoo! We're sorry we won't get to join you for the July camping trip, we'll be on our yearly camping trip to Glacier National Park for the month, but we'll be thinking of you folks and all the fun you're having.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:38 PM

Dad is cleaning the grill as I type! I'll marinate the meat! Count all of us in.
Sorry to hear you will miss this trip railwriter. Was great meeting you and the mrs. this weekend!
Old 05-14-2007, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Rrailwriter
After seeing all the cute colors, Ken is ready to trade our Silver Streak in on an 08 so he can get a color. While celebrating Mother's Day with our daughter tonight, and with Ken sipping a Manhattan, I suggested we get it custom painted. We love trains, so how about just having the front end painted like a Genesis. For anyone not familiar, it's one style of engines Amtrak uses. See Amtrak picture below.

So..............anyone out there have any idea where we'd find someone who would know how to paint it?
Rrailwriter
Sorry I dont know who to send you to. But you might want to start a new thread about this. This thread will end up getting burried after a day or so and you may not find any inforation due to that.
Old 05-14-2007, 08:37 AM

Good idea, thanks!
Old 05-14-2007, 09:24 AM
Founding Member

dbarberaz and RailWriter, the paint request post was moved/merged into another thread in this section. Good idea guys!
Old 05-14-2007, 01:52 PM

Thanks, we're a couple of old train buffs, so we thought it could be fun. I know it's kind of hard to see my picture on the signature, took it in the evening when the train was headed west out of West Glacier MT. Have a good leade from Quasimotor in Tucson, might have to send Hubby down there soon, looks like they do good work.

Then all we'll have to do is put a train horn on it........right?
Old 05-14-2007, 10:16 PM

So I get my HHR back tomorrow and think an annual Williams thing would be a good idea!

Rrailwriter. Anytime you come down Tucson way let me know! I'm always up for a quick g2g or MnG! Bad timing for really bad things has kept me away from the last few g2g's but hopefully thats all behind me now!

Hope to see ya'll soon!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Annual Williams G2G