South Mountain UT, AZ, NM, CO

Arizona HHR's RUN or GET TOGETHER??

Old 06-05-2009, 04:22 PM

Does anyone in AZ plan on going to the Laughlin Car Show in Sept?
The more the merrier.
See ya down the road
Bud-Harvey
Old 06-07-2009, 05:35 PM

New kid on the block

Hey I would love to get to know other HHR owners. I bought a used one a week ago, love it...... Ok dont ask me what I was waiting for LOL... Im in Mesa
Teresa
Old 06-08-2009, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by camaro98z28
Not to many of the SS's around here. I'll meet up at the PV's one day. This weekend I have to work so.
I'm in the P.V. area if any HHR owners do a run up this way.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:45 PM

I will be in the Scottsdale are for a Vacay the week of July 11th through The 17th, if any one wants to meet up. I am driving from Colorado to NoCal, the NoCal to SoCal, and then SoCal to Scottsdale. Let me know if you want to meet up
Old 06-25-2009, 11:06 PM

I tried to change my password and got locked out of this forum for ages. Am surprised I managed to finally log on now!

Anyway, the price of gas has sure done a lot to kill any fun driving anywhere, although I finally retired last year, so Hubby and I could enjoy taking our "Silver Streak" on a two month vacation last summer. We headed from Phoenix, over to the west coast, up the west coast to Washington, and then on to Montana! Whoo Hoooo! It was a great two months of camping!

Can't say the same thing for this year since I've had a little bit of a battle with cancer and our camping trip to Montana is pending. It all depends on chemo scheduling. Time will tell, but we know we'll have the Silver Streak loaded up and headed north is all works out well.

We're in the PV area if anyone does plan on getting together around here any time soon.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:34 AM
Platinum Member

Hey Rrailwriter....

Was just thinking about you the other day. Was running a mental list of the old group get togethers and was wondering what happened to you. Know that you hadn't been on this forum in a long while.

Have you done any train rides lately?

The old G2G group is essentially dissolved. A couple new people are trying to get something together.

Good luck with the chemo, Mary Ann.....

Oh, and whatever became of the valve train problem you (I think it was you) had encountered. What was performed.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:47 AM

Hi Snoopy!

I retired a year ago May, so we did pack up the camping gear and head for the west coast and on up and then over to Montana. We had a ball camping for two months.

No problems with the car, although we did have problems getting it all taken care of to begin with. Between the Chevy shop in Montana, and here in town, we had it in over a month but they finally fixed it and we have not had any problems since. It's really a great car for camping and we're loving it. We also finally got the heater problem fixed, since we kept having a problem with the AC shutting down and the heat going on, and when it did, we could not turn it off. There wasn't a Chevy place in Phoenix or Scottsdale who would fix it, so we finally took it out to Thoroughbread in Chandler, where we bought the car and they kept it, but called the next morning to let us know they fixed the problem.

We will be heading up to Glacier as soon as we get my first chemo over and we'll try and get some camping in and then return by way of the west coast. My brother and his wife are camp hosting in eastern AZ and we hope to head over and camp out near him after we get back and get my second chemo out of the way.

We did take a train trip on Amtrak while in Glacier last summer and had great fun, as always. Taking Amtrak anywhere is always an adventure, just never know what will happen.

Hope you have a fun summer, and stay cool!
Old 07-09-2009, 10:44 AM

Firebird Raceway - July 24th for Friday Night Drags

Finally got enough miles on my SS, time to stop being chicken and finally test out Launch Control. I'm gonna play with it some (without the girlfriend in the car, she gets scared too easy), then I'm planning on going to Firebird Raceway on July 24th for Friday Night Drags. I wanted to do this sooner, but I have one of those jobs where I'm on-call for two weeks at a time, so 7/24 is the next Friday that I have available.
If any of you feel like coming down to run or just hang, let me know.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:10 AM

Im thinking once it gets cooler, we should plan an HHR get together. we need to lock in a date so I can plan.. Military has me going to classes in other states.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:15 PM

I'm in, pick a date.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Arizona HHR's RUN or GET TOGETHER??