Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   South Pacific (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/south-pacific-36/)
-   -   Our luck sucks (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/south-pacific-36/our-luck-sucks-31282/)

mitzkity 08-15-2010 03:07 PM

Our luck sucks

Every time we turn around, another appliance breaks down. But today, I realized that somebody was watching over us, because our traction control light is on, the car is jerking BAD every time it tries to shift and I can guarantee you it would have happened on the way to the San Diego Car show.

HipHotRod 08-15-2010 03:12 PM

Sorry to hear Cheri - keep us posted as to her prognosis.

jay loukakis 08-15-2010 03:48 PM

is it an auto trans

if it is thereis over 5000 hits , i had to change the cam solenoids their is 2 codes poo10 and poo11 easy ro change about 25 minutes good luck.

mitzkity 08-15-2010 05:30 PM

Well, this is why we extended the warranty...just scary and a PITA!
Thanks Jay...I feel silly writing POO10 and POO11 down, but I did, LOL, you know I won't try to do anything myself on this little beast.

Uma 08-15-2010 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by mitzkity (Post 486005)
Well, this is why we extended the warranty...just scary and a PITA!
Thanks Jay...I feel silly writing POO10 and POO11 down, but I did, LOL, you know I won't try to do anything myself on this little beast.

Good luck Cheri! keep us informed
Todd (Uma)

afs9 08-15-2010 09:50 PM

Thinking good thoughts for Mitzy and you, Cheri! I don't mess with my boy -- anything out of sorts, even simple oil changes/tire rotations, he's off to Selman for a look-see!

Hope to see you all soon!

@

HipHotRod 08-15-2010 09:54 PM

Dealer's job to at least pinpoint the problem but a P0010/11 code refers to the VVT (variable valve timing) or VCT (variable camshaft timing) components and the car's PCM (powertrain control module). That consists of an oil control valve (OCV), also called a solenoid valve and other components. Basically the check engine light and associated P0010 trouble code means that the voltage in the circuit has fallen below a set limit for a specific amount of time (varies by make/model/engine).
Symptoms
Symptoms may include:

* Check Engine Light illuminated (Malfunction Indicator Lamp)
* Rough running
* other symptoms may also be present

Causes

A code P0010 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

* Faulty oil control valve (OCV)
* Open or short in the VVT/VCT circuit
* Open or short in the OCV / solenoid valve
* Damaged computer (PCM)

and now you know Cheri!

sleeper 08-15-2010 11:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Cheri-

Bummer, hope you have Mitzi back to good health soon..Perhaps a visit to this Doctor ?

jay loukakis 08-16-2010 09:34 AM

i changed them myself parts cost $110.00 from the chevy dealer hate think how much the dealer will charge solved my problum andmany other folks that had the same codes easy todo, good luck.

JT's HHR 08-17-2010 01:44 AM

:skull1: Mine started doing the same thing last week, but its not constant. If I turn the car off it will reset and not do it again for a day or 2. I also have the extended warrenty.