Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/ss-specific-service-issues-repairs-61/)
-   -   CEL, P0010, thinking it's a fluke. (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/ss-specific-service-issues-repairs-61/cel-p0010-thinking-its-fluke-59217/)

firemangeorge 08-07-2017 11:40 AM

CEL, P0010, thinking it's a fluke.

2010 SS 51k miles.
Had the Check Engine Light come on today after 20 miles of driving. 1st time I've ever gotten a CEL.
Tried to get a reading with my Torque App but couldn't get it to connect. Have used the app before on my old phone but this was my 1st try with the new phone. I'll have to recheck that app later.
Anyhow. I was 20 miles from home but there was an Advance Auto nearby. Swung in and got the codes pulled. P0010. I'm familiar with that code and the cause but I'm thinking it's a fluke or something.
I guess I'll just keep a watch on it and see if that code comes back.

I did clear the code after reading it. ( Well, the nice young man at Advance turned his head while I cleared it. ;) They aren't allowed to clear codes. )
The CEL didn't come back on my trip home.
We'll see.

aradmahogany 08-07-2017 11:54 AM

The first instance of that code for me happened the night of the day I bought Gregg, and then it went away on its own and stayed away for about an entire year, at which point it happened more and more frequently. Be happy your solenoids/actuator/thingamajigs lasted this long!

Oldblue 08-07-2017 12:13 PM

When's the last oil change ?
Check the wiring, I know you don't drive it much, could a pesky rodent gotten into the harness ?
Now I doubt that's the case, but you never know!

donbrew 08-07-2017 01:57 PM

From what I can tell, it is just a warning shot. Did it happen when you punched it? One of the web pages goes so far to say "wait until it starts happening frequently" before you start worrying.

firemangeorge 08-07-2017 02:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys for the opinions and thoughts.
OLM is at 85%, so mileage wise it was a recent change.
Don. Nope, didn't punch it. Was in traffic at a stoplight, CEL came on when we slowly took off on the green light.
Steve. No rodent issues. I did look around the wiring harness' just to be sure. Everything looked fine.
Besides. I have the optional "Rodent Eliminator" installed on my SS. :nuts: Sure wish he'd find a better place to take his naps.
Attachment 45380

RJ_RS_SS_350 08-07-2017 03:33 PM

Was that option available for other years also? What was the RPO?

Oldblue 08-07-2017 04:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rodent Patrol Observationalist! Mine was under RPO... CAT!
I thought it was an emissions thingy! They were an option on my 2007 LS!

RJ_RS_SS_350 08-07-2017 04:25 PM

Might have been part of the PassKey security system!

Oldblue 08-07-2017 04:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Could be, mine's always ready, he sleeps with both eyes open!

terryk 08-21-2017 09:36 PM

Mine would come and go. Some days a couple of times a day then wait a week. I replaced both and haven't had the codes for a month. I think they slowly start to hang up and just get worse.