SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

limited slip

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2015, 07:22 PM

limited slip

I have the mu3 code instead of the mc2 code for a transmission, meaning I have the saab and not the getrag. I have the code for the 4.05 final ratio, which means they took the mu3 apart and put the proper gears in for the hhr ss, but I do not have the g85 code. So I have a question concerning limited slip differential. If I get down on it from a stand still start, it spins both tires (traction and esc off) but if I get into it in second gear with my tune on it sounds like just the left wheel breaks loose. Can I jack it up and rotate the wheels to tell Iif I have open differential or limited slip like you could do with the old rear wheel drives? On street tires (brand new bfg radial t/as) at the track it just spun the tires like I was on wet pavement all the way through second gear with my tune on. Will definitely have my drag radials on next time. Thanks. Got down on it in 2nd gear with tune on and traction and esc off with driver window closed and passenger open and heard the right tire spinning. Sure seems to be an LTD even though I don't have the code.

Last edited by tempestram; 10-16-2015 at 06:46 PM. Reason: adding additional information