Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/ss-specific-service-issues-repairs-61/)
-   -   Motor mounts for the ss auto? (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/ss-specific-service-issues-repairs-61/motor-mounts-ss-auto-37089/)

Timb727 08-21-2011 09:59 AM

Motor mounts for the ss auto?

Does anyone know which motor mounts will work on the ss auto?

2010SilverIceSS 08-21-2011 10:41 AM

TTR makes an upper mount.

Dave

celblazer 08-21-2011 01:24 PM

The TTR Mount works great on the Auto. Link is in my sig.

bartSS 08-22-2011 07:37 AM

The top motor mount is pointless people

asanti 08-22-2011 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by bartSS (Post 585198)
The top motor mount is pointless people

Pay attention Bart, OP's asking about AUTO tranny motor mounts. We don't have the luxury of having PRS' rotated tranny mounts like you brother. Only option we have is TTR's upper mount since no one makes a revised auto tranny mount. :thumb: OP: I say get one. You'll be surprised at how much play the stock mount has and if you have the GMTU it's a little extra insurance to keep the engine from rocking like a hobby horse under load.

Later
Allex

rallycobalt06 08-22-2011 10:24 AM

unfortunately the ONLY option for the Auto HHR SS is the TTR solid engine mount.

upgraded tranny mounts ARE pointless on the Auto HHR SS. the axles on the Autos are already aligned correctly and don't need to be rotated. also i don't believe the Autos are experiencing wheel-hop either.

so if you have an Auto and want to have vibrations get the TTR solid engine mount.

SS fan 08-22-2011 11:22 AM

Wow, what an attitude ,is it TTR or you don't believe I could tell if the new mount did anything for the traction??

You two might find it pointless to change. However neither one of you own an automatic ???

There is something up here I have always got great advice from both of you.

I have one and Asanti has one We both experienced a great improvement in the traction department.

So there you go, the Guy's with standard say don't do it. The guy's with automatic's say get one right away.

Let us know what you decide ??

celblazer 08-22-2011 11:23 AM

The auto mount works well. The SS feels much more connected to the road and throttle response even feels better. So much so the GF noticed it right away after borrowing the SS and wanted to know what I changed to make such a big difference in it.

After removing the old one I couldn't believe the play in it. I only had 3k on the SS and the mount just flops around compared to the TTR one.

bartSS 08-22-2011 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by asanti (Post 585206)
Pay attention Bart, OP's asking about AUTO tranny motor mounts. We don't have the luxury of having PRS' rotated tranny mounts like you brother. Only option we have is TTR's upper mount since no one makes a revised auto tranny mount. :thumb: OP: I say get one. You'll be surprised at how much play the stock mount has and if you have the GMTU it's a little extra insurance to keep the engine from rocking like a hobby horse under load.

Later
Allex

Sorry sir

moonsign 08-22-2011 10:48 PM

Been running a TTR upper mount on my SS auto for awhile now. Vibes are not that bad[hardly noticable], and with the Trifecta tune, it definately helps hooking up the power. Noticed big difference in putting down the power after install. For real, the auto's put the power down more consistanly than a shifter. If you don't believe that, next time yiour at a drag race, walk through the pits and see what the big boys are running. They definately are not shifing manually[unless they have a slipper clutch]. " Moon"
P.S, You want to make points, have the GF, put the coochie on the shift knob, and go WOT and few times. You will get lucky.