SS Specific Service Issues/Repairs Service/Repairs specific to the SS. Turbo-Brembo Brakes-2.0 Engine-Limited Slip Differential-Programmable Display-MU3 Transmission

SS Maintenance Items

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2019, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by firemangeorge
You may be limited on brake pad options that are available for Brembos. Since they are a specialty brake/rotor set you'll just have to see what you can get.
Check the rotor thickness also. I mic'd mine and they are worn pretty thin even though I still have the original pads.
Original pads are terrible dust producers. (Fedora's I think ?)
I was going to give some EBC Red Stuff pads a try when I replace mine.
Ferodo made the originals. I used EBC Reds on my autocross Saabaru and the SS. They still dust. It's the nature of performance brakes. The EBC Reds are horrible in subzero temps, but I guess you wouldn't be seeing those. Mine were frictionless until they warmed up. Long stops at 5:30 am on the commute...

The reds are quiet and less dusty than most. I bought my SS used, and it no longer had the Ferodos, so I can't compare directly. I can confirm reds are much better than Duralast Golds, if you wondered... They are a good choice. The cold performance was my only real negative mark on them.

P.S. - If you get EBCs, follow their bedding-in procedure. It works. Problems happen to those who don't do it. It was a series of 60-30 brakings if I recall. Not full stops.