Turbo Tech Racing motor mounts - Page 5 - Chevy HHR Network


Supporting Vendors Promotions, specials, and group purchases by authorized Supporting Vendors ONLY

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2018, 06:36 PM   #41
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 10-08-2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,643
Back in stock!
TurboTechRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 08:49 AM   #42
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-17-2016
Location: Silverhill, AL
Posts: 238
As a new SS owner (auto) I am considering this to combat the torque steer. How hard is it to install the one for an auto/how long should it take?
Casa Del Gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 08:54 AM   #43
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 10-08-2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,643
Takes about 15 minutes to install, very simple. Comes with instructions.
TurboTechRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 09:27 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-17-2016
Location: Silverhill, AL
Posts: 238
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing View Post
Takes about 15 minutes to install, very simple. Comes with instructions.
Do you need a lift or a jack or what? Can you post the instructions? Maybe just cut and paste them?
Casa Del Gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 10:05 PM   #45
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 10-08-2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casa Del Gatos View Post
Do you need a lift or a jack or what? Can you post the instructions? Maybe just cut and paste them?
Instructions are print copy only.

You just need a jack to support the engine up while you flip mounts. It is 3 nuts and 2 bolts to change over the mount. It is easier than changing your oil.
TurboTechRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:25 PM   #46
Premium Member
 
firemangeorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-06-2009
Location: Fairhope, Alabama
Posts: 7,783
Aaron
I'm meeting up with Casa Del Gatos in the morning. I'll show him how easy it is to replace the mount.
I'm sure I still have the old instruction sheet somewhere.
firemangeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 08:15 AM   #47
Moderator
 
Oldblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-13-2011
Location: Welland,Ont Canada
Posts: 16,074
Use a block of wood on a floor jack to protect your oil pan.
Place jack and wood under oil pan , lift just to take the weight of the engine.
Remove the two nuts from the frame studs,
Remove the three bolts from the engine mount,
Lift out OEM mount and place in Turbo Tech Racing mount.
Replace the three bolts then the two nuts.
Torque to specs.
Lower the jack and wood.
Test drive SS.
Your done! Enjoy.
Oldblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 08:59 AM   #48
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 10-08-2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemangeorge View Post
Aaron
I'm meeting up with Casa Del Gatos in the morning. I'll show him how easy it is to replace the mount.
I'm sure I still have the old instruction sheet somewhere.
Sounds great!
TurboTechRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 08:59 AM   #49
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 10-08-2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,643
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldblue View Post
Use a block of wood on a floor jack to protect your oil pan.
Place jack and wood under oil pan , lift just to take the weight of the engine.
Remove the two nuts from the frame studs,
Remove the three bolts from the engine mount,
Lift out OEM mount and place in Turbo Tech Racing mount.
Replace the three bolts then the two nuts.
Torque to specs.
Lower the jack and wood.
Test drive SS.
Your done! Enjoy.
Sounds right :)
TurboTechRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turbo Tech STOP mounts installed! stranger 2.0L Performance Tech 51 07-25-2017 05:48 PM
Magnaflow Cat Back HHR SS (Turbo) now at Turbo Tech Racing TurboTechRacing HHR SS 25 01-02-2010 11:14 AM
New Product @ TTR - Turbo Tech Racing BOV Block Off Plates (LNF 2.0L Factory Turbo)! TurboTechRacing 2.0L Performance Tech 0 10-28-2009 10:03 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10 PM.


Copyright © 2005 - 2017 Internet Brands, Inc. All rights reserved.