Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Supporting Vendors (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/supporting-vendors-25/)
-   -   Turbo Tech Racing Releases Rear Sway Bar (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/supporting-vendors-25/turbo-tech-racing-releases-rear-sway-bar-14697/)

HipHotRod 07-09-2008 11:47 AM

It comes with all the hardware. From my point of view, it you use a 1/2 in. drive ratchet to cinch the bolts down and use some blue locktite, they will not come loose. After I got them all tight, I gave em a good hard last pull. You will need an extra pair of hands to hold up the opposite end of the bar as you start the bolts. 20 minutes tops and you will be carving corners.

I have installed both the Progressive and TTR. Both are nice products but the TTR is much larger in diameter. Well designed too.

Leon 07-09-2008 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by HipHotRod (Post 287648)
You will need an extra pair of hands to hold up the opposite end of the bar as you start the bolts. 20 minutes tops and you will be carving corners.

I used a bungee cord to hold up the other side while I started the bolts since I was working alone. worked great.

catzcradle 07-09-2008 12:00 PM

an empty cat-box lid held up my other side, took me all of 10 mins to self-install

JoeR 07-09-2008 01:43 PM

This rear sway bar (in agreement with Mitzkity, catzcradle and any other cat lovers...) is the cat's azzzz. Very worthwhile handling improvement!! :thumb:

For installing (extremely easy, for those concerned), a couple of good suggestions have been made to support the bar while getting the bolts started. Let me add that a couple of loosely connected wire ties also work great while getting the bolts started, too.

GO FOR IT!! :thumb:

TurboTechRacing 07-09-2008 04:23 PM

Thanks for the great comments, we have red and black in stock, other colors also avaliable.

catzcradle 07-09-2008 10:24 PM

To the vendor, I only have one regret. I now really want to put sways on my Dodge Magnum. Unfortunatly, it's not in the same league as the HHR install :)

twistrman 07-09-2008 10:36 PM

well it's on my list of mods as soon as i scrounge up the cash for it since it's a bit more then other things i want to do, along with buying it a week ago.

Then i gotta decide on the color. I know you can't see it much but, Black to blend in and go incognito, red for a little pop, black chrome to bling it, or yellow for a little snazz. I know a lot of people paint their brakes red for that pop of color and i thought about doing it, although i think yellow could be a nice pop too.

Question, is it ever going to rust or the coating crack off or anything like that? I just ask because i've had a few hitches on different vehicles (i know not the same....) but they always end up rusting and looking nasty, don't want that effect.

Also, do these sit lower then anything else under the car? will i have to worry about driving over certain things or curbs or anything like that once it's on?

Leon 07-09-2008 11:16 PM

It sits lower at the swingarm by the thickness of the bar. The rest of it is tucked up into the cross piece. There are other things that would be damaged long before the bar if you went off roading with it. They powdercoat the bars, and that stuff is flexible and very durable. I wouldn't worry about rust.

Chevy SS 07-11-2008 12:17 AM

The Cobalt SS guys seem to like them.

SSROADSTER 07-11-2008 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Leon (Post 288030)
It sits lower at the swingarm by the thickness of the bar. The rest of it is tucked up into the cross piece.

if that is how the bars fits, as I thought, then it will not fit the SS, because of the rear sway bar already in place, and actually there is no need for it with our suspensions. I just don't understand why Aaron would not explain that from the get-go:confused: :confused: :confused: and why he said SS owners have purchased the bar :roll: