Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Tires & Wheels (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/tires-wheels-49/)
-   -   Newbie with same old wheel and tire questions (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/tires-wheels-49/newbie-same-old-wheel-tire-questions-59562/)

Ohirolina 11-03-2017 07:57 PM

Newbie with same old wheel and tire questions

I purchased my first HHR LS Panel two weeks ago today. After quickly going through quite a few threads about tire and wheel sizes, which left me almost as confused as before I started looking, I have arrived at what I "Think" are the ideal sizes that I need to look for in purchasing a new set of each. I am looking for as large of a set as I can get without causing any rubbing problems or unnecessary modifications. Please correct as needed.
Wheels: 16"----16 X 7 with 5 x 110mm lug spacing with 42MM offset. Considering American Racing Torq Thrust
Tires: 225/55R/16...........I have seen that 26.2" is the max height.

Thanks in advance

RJ_RS_SS_350 11-03-2017 08:09 PM

Tires are fine, wheels are not, you need 5x110mm.

:welcomewagon: to the forums!!

Ohirolina 11-03-2017 08:19 PM

Thank You! I think I'm going to like it here.

donbrew 11-03-2017 08:59 PM

The tire size that the car came with should be on the placard on the driver door frame.

Oldblue 11-04-2017 08:30 AM

Welcome to the site, someone who just got those rims should chime in real soon.

aradmahogany 11-04-2017 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue (Post 832483)
Welcome to the site, someone who just got those rims should chime in real soon.

I have the American racing torq thrusts with tires swapped onto them from my stock 16 inch rims. Though made in China, they are of great quality and measure up perfectly down to a fraction of a millimeter when compared to my stock rims. The rim is half inch wider than stock and offset is slightly lower, resulting in a perfect fit, albeit EXTREMELY close to the brake caliper. We're talking one or two credit cards worth of space. Someone else got the 17 inch version without trouble as well. I got the black painted ones with polished aluminum lips. Check my featured hhr thread for pics

Oldblue 11-04-2017 08:43 AM

That’s him^ And here’s the feature thread

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-...red-hhr-58649/

Casa Del Gatos 11-04-2017 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by aradmahogany (Post 832484)
I have the American racing torq thrusts with tires swapped onto them from my stock 16 inch rims. Though made in China, they are of great quality and measure up perfectly down to a fraction of a millimeter when compared to my stock rims. The rim is half inch wider than stock and offset is slightly lower, resulting in a perfect fit, albeit EXTREMELY close to the brake caliper. We're talking one or two credit cards worth of space. Someone else got the 17 inch version without trouble as well. I got the black painted ones with polished aluminum lips. Check my featured hhr thread for pics

Love that car!

Does it bother anyone else that "American Racing" wheels are made in China?
You know most American flags are, too. :clueless:

Ohirolina 11-05-2017 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by aradmahogany (Post 832484)

Awesome ride. I really like what you have done to your vehicle. You can take credit for me deciding NOT to use my HHR as a work vehicle. I now want to do a few of the same mods and maybe a few different ones too. The full rear spoiler, running boards, tail light mods and wheels to name a few. I have found the wheels that I really want but it appears they won't fit properly. They are AR VN 815 Torque Thrust II in Black Chrome. They are available in three 16" X 7" sizes. All three have 4.00 back spacing. One is 5 x 4.50, one is 5 x 4.75 and the other is 5 x 127 mm. If one of these can be made to work without too much expense, I would then like to get a black chromed grill.
This place is addicting. The more I read and look at other vehicles, the more I would like to do.

Ohirolina 11-05-2017 08:21 PM

Is there an easy way to make any of the sizes I mentioned above work?