Tires & Wheels Tire and Wheel discussions. What Fits, Show Tires, Custom Wheels

Just an observation on tires size and driving debris

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 09:46 AM

Just an observation on tires size and driving debris

My latest 2011 2LT purchase is White with running boards.

I have also had 6 others with running boards.

I have installed GM splash guards on only 1 out of a total of 10.

That being said, this HHR being White has given me a new understanding of all the debris that the rear tires throw on the rear fender panel area.

The front panels with running board are pretty well protected in comparison.

I am currently running New 215/60R/16 Michelin Ice 3 tires.

I have decided to go ahead and order just the rear splash guards before I do damage during winter driving.

The GM Guards are still available.

Rears only Part# 12499527 for both sides.

On E Bay for $43.73 and free shipping from a Chevrolet Dealer,

Silverfox
Old 02-15-2018, 11:16 AM
Administrator

A great deal compared to what Amazon.ca wants

Old 02-15-2018, 11:30 AM
Platinum Member

That dang amazon.ca - ya gotta watch their pricing as there are so many rip-offs!!! The pricing in the amazon.com site if often WAYYYYYYYY lower. The USA price is currently $66.89 but is out of stock.

A year ago I was looking at a portable gas generator on the USA site, listed at something like $300, on sale for something like $175. The amazon.ca price: $1000!!!!!! I sent them a letter of complaint, but of course never heard a thing back.

So, we often go over the border a lot anyways, so we use a mail-drop place in the states that charges just $1.50 for receiving our parcels. We buy most of our groceries down there (Remember Winco Silverfox?), as our prices in Vancouver are nuts.

I'll check the Parts List we have here to make sure that the mudflaps are listed - Thanks Silverfox.

(added the mud flaps - and also the part numbers for the Fronts, as well as for a full set of 4 - all from GM - thanks again SF)

Last edited by whopper; 02-15-2018 at 11:42 AM. Reason: confirmed the add to the parts list
Old 02-15-2018, 11:57 AM

Whopper,

I don't do too much on Amazon anymore as more of there purchases from here get the 9% sales tax applied.

Yes I know about Winco as they were in Hayden/ Couer d' Alene Idaho when I was there last.
I am now back in your general area on the Olympic Peninsula again but have not changed my address because I may have to go back to Hayden for family reasons.

We belong to a couple Co-Ops here so we shop there and also do the summer street markets in 2 cities for our ripened veggies.

We often go to the Boat Launch in Port Angeles with our healthy bag lunch and look across the Straights of Juan de Fuca at Victoria Canada where we have visited several times over the years. Super neat little Coastal Island Town.

Silverfox