Tires & Wheels Tire and Wheel discussions. What Fits, Show Tires, Custom Wheels

Newbie with same old wheel and tire questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 07:57 PM

Newbie with same old wheel and tire questions

I purchased my first HHR LS Panel two weeks ago today. After quickly going through quite a few threads about tire and wheel sizes, which left me almost as confused as before I started looking, I have arrived at what I "Think" are the ideal sizes that I need to look for in purchasing a new set of each. I am looking for as large of a set as I can get without causing any rubbing problems or unnecessary modifications. Please correct as needed.
Wheels: 16"----16 X 7 with 5 x 110mm lug spacing with 42MM offset. Considering American Racing Torq Thrust
Tires: 225/55R/16...........I have seen that 26.2" is the max height.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Ohirolina; 11-03-2017 at 08:18 PM. Reason: adjusting wheel specs
Old 11-03-2017, 08:09 PM

Tires are fine, wheels are not, you need 5x110mm.

to the forums!!
Old 11-03-2017, 08:19 PM

Thank You! I think I'm going to like it here.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:59 PM
Technical Moderator

The tire size that the car came with should be on the placard on the driver door frame.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:30 AM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, someone who just got those rims should chime in real soon.
Old 11-04-2017, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Welcome to the site, someone who just got those rims should chime in real soon.
I have the American racing torq thrusts with tires swapped onto them from my stock 16 inch rims. Though made in China, they are of great quality and measure up perfectly down to a fraction of a millimeter when compared to my stock rims. The rim is half inch wider than stock and offset is slightly lower, resulting in a perfect fit, albeit EXTREMELY close to the brake caliper. We're talking one or two credit cards worth of space. Someone else got the 17 inch version without trouble as well. I got the black painted ones with polished aluminum lips. Check my featured hhr thread for pics
Old 11-04-2017, 08:43 AM
Administrator

That’s him^ And here’s the feature thread

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/hhr-...red-hhr-58649/
Old 11-04-2017, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by aradmahogany
I have the American racing torq thrusts with tires swapped onto them from my stock 16 inch rims. Though made in China, they are of great quality and measure up perfectly down to a fraction of a millimeter when compared to my stock rims. The rim is half inch wider than stock and offset is slightly lower, resulting in a perfect fit, albeit EXTREMELY close to the brake caliper. We're talking one or two credit cards worth of space. Someone else got the 17 inch version without trouble as well. I got the black painted ones with polished aluminum lips. Check my featured hhr thread for pics
Love that car!

Does it bother anyone else that "American Racing" wheels are made in China?
You know most American flags are, too.
Old 11-05-2017, 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by aradmahogany
Awesome ride. I really like what you have done to your vehicle. You can take credit for me deciding NOT to use my HHR as a work vehicle. I now want to do a few of the same mods and maybe a few different ones too. The full rear spoiler, running boards, tail light mods and wheels to name a few. I have found the wheels that I really want but it appears they won't fit properly. They are AR VN 815 Torque Thrust II in Black Chrome. They are available in three 16" X 7" sizes. All three have 4.00 back spacing. One is 5 x 4.50, one is 5 x 4.75 and the other is 5 x 127 mm. If one of these can be made to work without too much expense, I would then like to get a black chromed grill.
This place is addicting. The more I read and look at other vehicles, the more I would like to do.

Last edited by Ohirolina; 11-05-2017 at 06:00 AM.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:21 PM

Is there an easy way to make any of the sizes I mentioned above work?

Quick Reply: Newbie with same old wheel and tire questions