Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   Tires & Wheels (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/tires-wheels-49/)
-   -   Tire Pressure Sensors (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/tires-wheels-49/tire-pressure-sensors-14070/)

esmarkey 08-28-2008 08:11 AM

kwboydston, just FYI the SS has an all metal stem and the sensors. Maybe you could order those?

wysguy 08-28-2008 11:02 AM

from what I've seen, most "chrome" valve stems are simply chrome bands stuck over a rubber stem. Maybe you could get a set of those from your nearby auto parts store, de-chrome them, and (LIGHTLY!) glue the sleeves on the stems on the vehicle?

chevyorange 08-28-2008 11:39 AM

I know. I wrote a long, nasty email to Firestone. I can't believe how shady and terrible their service center felt.

kwboydston 08-28-2008 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by esmarkey (Post 306455)
kwboydston, just FYI the SS has an all metal stem and the sensors. Maybe you could order those?

I believe I have found some that are all metal, spoke with the folks at Alltire and sounds very possitive

bobiroc 04-01-2011 08:16 AM

Can they be re-programmed by the owner

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if re-calibrating the sensors can be done without going to the dealer. The weather is warming up by me and I think the snow is behind us so I would like to put my stock RIMs and tires back on but I know that they will not go back where they were taken off from. Just curious if there was a procedure on how to do it yourself.

prod 04-01-2011 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by bobiroc (Post 551114)
I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if re-calibrating the sensors can be done without going to the dealer. The weather is warming up by me and I think the snow is behind us so I would like to put my stock RIMs and tires back on but I know that they will not go back where they were taken off from. Just curious if there was a procedure on how to do it yourself.

Yep, its in the manual. Manuals are available on the forum here if you dont have one. Its not too hard, but you would want to use a good air compressor.

bobiroc 04-01-2011 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by prod (Post 551220)
Yep, its in the manual. Manuals are available on the forum here if you dont have one. Its not too hard, but you would want to use a good air compressor.

Aw man I have to read the manual ;)

I do not have an air compressor so I may just take it to my dads for that part then.

Gas Man 04-01-2011 02:05 PM

Yeah it's nothing more than putting it into learn mode... then draining each tire starting F.L., F.R.,R.R.,L.R. each time till the horn honks. Read it up... it's easy.

bobiroc 04-01-2011 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 551256)
Yeah it's nothing more than putting it into learn mode... then draining each tire starting F.L., F.R.,R.R.,L.R. each time till the horn honks. Read it up... it's easy.

Thanks.. I read it in section 5-65 in my manual. I will just put them on at my dads or something and do that method.

Thanks for the info.

useless 04-01-2011 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by bobiroc (Post 551114)

It is in the manual, fairly simple process after you do it once. If you rotate or swap winter/summer wheels you will have to do it again.:skull: