Tires & Wheels Tire and Wheel discussions. What Fits, Show Tires, Custom Wheels

Which wheels from other GM models will fit the HHR?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
The Curly 1 hasn’t been on the site since 2015, doubt you’ll get an answer.

it is addressed in this thread

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/tire...els-fit-17772/

and this

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/appe...owering-18355/
tanks for information oldblue
Old 09-16-2018, 04:14 PM

Pleaseee help, I have a question regarding my HHR and Tire/Rims

Hi there

I apologize for my ignorance, but I am a brand new HHR owner and bought a 2006 from a friend and I am trying to fix it up.

My question is......will 5 lug nut stock Subaru rims (tire is exact same size 215/55 R16 as what the HHR tires are) fit or work on my HHR more than likely?

Attached is a pic of these Subaru rims and hope that helps gauge if they would work .

Thanks so much for any help
Old 09-16-2018, 05:16 PM
Technical Moderator

The lug ring has to be 110mm and the offset has to be close to 43mm. There is no "stock" size wheel.

If the question is about the tires; they will fit the standard wheels on the HHR.
Old 09-16-2018, 05:51 PM
Platinum Member

Only Subaru lug patterns I see are 5x100 and 5x114(via a simple Google search)
Since all HHR's have a 5x110 lug pattern, then of course they won't work.

Fwiw. If you were going for "looks" with those Subaru wheels, sorry, but those are pretty ugly. Wouldn't look good on a HHR.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:17 PM

Thank you for response back.

First off thanks very much for your replies ...... That gave great insight for me and clarification.

and lol. No the rims are definitely NOT for image or appeal, I have some really nice hubcaps that would cover the rims basically all together.

Dilemma - I had semi recently purchased the 2006 HHR from an old friend for only 500 bucks, it drives great after getting alignment and tune up on it. However it needed essentially 3 newer tires. However due to losing my long time job 2 weeks ago (due sadly to no fault on my part, but establishment suddenly closing down VERY abruptly) I am EXTREMELY strapped for cash currently. So I have just been hunting on offerup, letgo, and craigslist for some wheels and newer tires that would work, but without costing too much at all.

ANY advice or some suggestions on where maybe or what route I should look at taking at getting newer tires put on that is still cost effective would be GREATLY APPRECIATED for sure .

Thanks again for your replies and advice to clarify for me before I got those ugly other tires. It Means a lot to me.
Old 09-17-2018, 07:29 PM
Platinum Member

If you can get them CHEAP, the tires would work out ok - but the rims in all likelihood will not fit at all - so don't even think of hubcaps for them. As per our famous FiremanGeorge, the bolt holes are most likely 100mm or 114mm on Subarus, where as on the hhr they measure out to 110mm - so they won't fit. .

Getting the new tires mounted and balanced might be more than the cost of the tires.

sorry to hear about the job - that sucks for sure.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:08 PM
Technical Moderator

So, you have never had to get new tires before? Not many people replace the wheels every time they get new tires there are entire stores devoted to selling and installing tires, they will also install tires you bring in. I don't know about your area, but in many places there are used tire stores.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:51 PM

Yes, I have definitely had to get tires before on other vehicles. Back when I was employed it was no problem and I would just take the vehicle into Les Schwab down the road and have them put all new tires on. Albeit this would usually be around $450+ roughly. Now however I am being far more cautious and trying to just find the absolute slowest way to go. Unfortunately all the used tire places I have called will not place any tires on my rims unless the tires are also purchased there at their location too . So still ends up being about $300 even for 4 decent but used tires.

I do greatly appreciate your help and will continue trekking for now in good ol central California for what I can find .
THANKS EVERYONE FOR FEEDBACK MOST DEFINITELY.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:13 AM
Technical Moderator

Tire stores usually charge around $20/tire to change tires, most shops will do it, it's their job. Tell them not to touch the valve stems or TPMS.
Old 09-23-2018, 07:25 PM

Will these tires work?!

Can anyone please tell me if like tire size 265/70 R16 would potentially work on a 2006 HHR?

ALSO - I realize the standard rim size is 16 inches (R16) but can even like 17 or 18" sized rims/tires work as well on a 2006 standard HHR?

THANKS SO SO MUCH .

Quick Reply: Which wheels from other GM models will fit the HHR?