Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   War Stories (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/war-stories-8/)
-   -   08 HHR SS vs a Cobalt SS SC (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/war-stories-8/08-hhr-ss-vs-cobalt-ss-sc-44997/)

foxtrotraptor 02-22-2013 08:04 PM

08 HHR SS vs a Cobalt SS SC

I raced a cobalt SS on my way to work today. It was a red one supercharged not sure what year. He got a head start but I caught up quick had to put on the brakes so I wouldnt rear end him, would have passed him up if we had more road to play with. When we were done he drove next to me and asked me "is that a turbo in there?" I said "yeah" he said "no wonder you caught up all quick that's bad ass man" he gave me a thumbs up and I have him a peace sign. Lol true story :twothumbs: love this milk wagon

foxtrotraptor 02-22-2013 08:08 PM

Oh and I forgot to mention This happen with my stock michelins on which are very worn out. It's such a pain to get traction. Getting eagle GTs tomorrow

THE BATMAN 02-22-2013 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by foxtrotraptor (Post 693288)
Oh and I forgot to mention This happen with my stock michelins on which are very worn out. It's such a pain to get traction. Getting eagle GTs tomorrow

OMG The pilots SUCK in the freezing temps , I forgot how bad a winter tire they are. Dry roads in freezing temps they spin like slicks in the rain , and they are so over priced , Probally the worst cold weather tire you can run on an SS, Thanks GM Perf. Div.
The Eagle GT's are a great tire , I just wish they lasted a bit longer.

foxtrotraptor 02-22-2013 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by THE BATMAN (Post 693296)
OMG The pilots SUCK in the freezing temps , I forgot how bad a winter tire they are. Dry roads in freezing temps they spin like slicks in the rain , and they are so over priced , Probally the worst cold weather tire you can run on an SS, Thanks GM Perf. Div.
The Eagle GT's are a great tire , I just wish they lasted a bit longer.

Yeah I'm not happy with these tires at all especially after I got my GMTU. Can't connect at all. I'm always sliding all over the place

SS fan 02-22-2013 11:07 PM

I sure like my gmax they ride nice and are wearing according to their rating 45k, The Michelin pilot sports in 235x45 are super sweet too and fit on the stock SS wheel, they are rated 45k also..08banshee has them and they did very well on the HWY 101 twisties when we went to the ocean...

I traded my stock Michelin in, 30 minutes after I had stg-1 installed, had to get to my Favorite Discount tire.......:sun:

foxtrotraptor 02-22-2013 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by SS fan (Post 693313)
I sure like my gmax they ride nice and are wearing according to their rating 45k, The Michelin pilot sports in 235x45 are super sweet too and fit on the stock SS wheel, they are rated 45k also..08banshee has them and they did very well on the HWY 101 twisties when we went to the ocean...

I traded my stock Michelin in, 30 minutes after I had stg-1 installed, had to get to my Favorite Discount tire.......:sun:

I was gonna 235/45 as well but I can only afford 2 tires right now. And i figure it's handle all messed up if I get one set of wider tires

SS fan 02-23-2013 11:29 AM

Get you a discount tire card, pay as you roll plan. :thumb:

foxtrotraptor 02-24-2013 11:57 AM

Eh crapy credit on my end I won't get approved. America's tire has a promotion if u buy 4 tires under their "best" category you get a 100 Visa card rebate. Ill probably go for that tomorrow. Today gotta watch the Daytona 500. On another note anyone in the southern CA Los Angeles areas I'm trying to get a group together to hit the irwindale speedway. In about 2 months. Anyone with a HHR or cobalt SS that's interested hit me up. Would be cool.