War Stories HHR vs all

Accident =(

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 10:46 PM

Accident =(

Well I got me into a accident! I shall tell you the tale!

There was 4 cars involved in this, #1 no idea what it was, #2 Jeep Patriot, #3 my HRR, and #4 a Monte Carlo.

So coming up on a traffic light that just turned yellow, #1 for whatever reason slams on the brakes, #2 slammed on hers, at this point no one has been hit. Well, I slam on mine, I come to a stop like 2 inches from the Jeep and still no one has been hit. HERE COMES THE MONTE CARLO! a little late on the brakes... she hits me, I hit the Jeep, car #1 drives off because they didn't get hit and had no idea anything even happened.

Isn't THAT bad, radiator is a little dented from the hood release and the hood itself is bent some, grille is also much flatter but overall not bad.

Yea barely noticed anything on the back till I bent down to look.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:04 PM

Sounds like no one was hurt and that's what is important
Old 03-06-2010, 12:19 AM
Platinum Member

Sorry to hear this.. & agree, good no-one was hurt.. (still bites tho)...
Old 03-06-2010, 12:56 AM

nope, no one was hurt.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:30 AM
jx3

Glad to hear that no one was hurt.

It's unfortunate that the most oblivious drivers cause these minor accidents.

When my HHR was backed into, the front looked almost identical to yours. The radiator, or AC condenser, should probably replaced since it may be affected after getting bent up.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:38 AM

DanH-unfortunately for you and I we live in NY-home of the red light accident cameras. Even if there wasn't one at that light where you had the misfortune, it could be possible that the #1 car has had experience with red light camera's from elsewhere (SUNY Bingh. College student from LI/Queens/NYC maybe?) and after paying several hundred dollars in tickets now has the "I better stop this second on the yellow just in case" syndrome. I see it happen by me now all the time. Even I now have to remember timing of lights at certain intersections to end up at the light when it's red. Not only is the State making money but so is the towing companies and body shops.

This shouldn't happen to anyone, and I'm sorry it happened to you. Like everyone said-glad your OK.

Mike
Old 03-06-2010, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by BlackknighT
DanH-unfortunately for you and I we live in NY-home of the red light accident cameras. Even if there wasn't one at that light where you had the misfortune, it could be possible that the #1 car has had experience with red light camera's from elsewhere (SUNY Bingh. College student from LI/Queens/NYC maybe?) and after paying several hundred dollars in tickets now has the "I better stop this second on the yellow just in case" syndrome. I see it happen by me now all the time. Even I now have to remember timing of lights at certain intersections to end up at the light when it's red. Not only is the State making money but so is the towing companies and body shops.

This shouldn't happen to anyone, and I'm sorry it happened to you. Like everyone said-glad your OK.

Mike

I was gonna say the same thing-after I've been "burned" by a red light camera, I now stop on yellow lights, and worry each time that I'll get rear ended.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:00 PM

If only it was a 2010 Toyota that rear ended me, I could have sued Toyota!
Old 03-06-2010, 01:08 PM

I was taught that you were expected to stop on yellow if you are able, Of course this was 46 years ago prior to anti lock brakes, cell phone distractions or texting while driving. I was also taught to keep at least one car length separation from the car in front of you per 10 miles an hour.

The anti camera people at intersections seem to have running the red light syndrome or tail gators.

Sorry for your accident, but it wasn't your fault. I hope the Monte Carlo driver has lots of insurance.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:45 PM
RFT

Originally Posted by Old Lar
I was taught that you were expected to stop on yellow if you are able, Of course this was 46 years ago prior to anti lock brakes, cell phone distractions or texting while driving.
I was taught the same thing and that was considerably less than 46 years ago.

Quick Reply: Accident =(