Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   War Stories (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/war-stories-8/)
-   -   HHR Owners with a machete (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/war-stories-8/hhr-owners-machete-61750/)

ChevyMgr 05-16-2019 01:12 PM

HHR Owners with a machete

Now this is a car war.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/traffic/stori...509862671.html

What is up with all the machetes being used in attacks all over the USA?

solman98 05-16-2019 01:41 PM

Both are idiots. Gotta show some road manners. Guy in the subie was being an ass.

donbrew 05-16-2019 02:10 PM

Ms13

Oldblue 05-16-2019 02:16 PM

Man I thought that HHR looked familiar, Slide rite looks very similar but his grille isn’t like this one.

Lethal Tendencies 05-16-2019 02:43 PM

thats crazy.

whopper 05-16-2019 07:00 PM

We've seen a few machete attacks up here as well - Asian gang stuff.

sleeper 05-16-2019 08:29 PM

That is crazy, if that happened in the hills around here, someone would be shot by now.

geg 05-17-2019 04:28 AM

x2
no one is immune to the road idiot
the guy just doesn't understand that he is looking for premature death

PittKrewBowling 05-17-2019 09:33 AM

Holy smokes! That's a couple exits from where I work! Glad I don't have to commute on the highways to get to and from work. Do people not realize that in this day in age there are cameras everywhere?

ChevyMgr 05-17-2019 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by donbrew (Post 866199)
Ms13

True, or wannabe's

Ohiocruiser 05-18-2019 01:51 PM

It is possible that moron is member on this site. Hhr was pimped out with dark taillights and painted front bowtie. And I salute that subie driver for standing his ground.

Cat Man HHR 05-18-2019 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by Ohiocruiser (Post 866314)
And I salute that subie driver for standing his ground.

Let's see, man in HHR comes out wheeling a machete, first thought "Oh (fill in the blank)".
Me, get out of there quickly.
Maybe that "subdued" driver could have been pumped up on downs. You know ?
Never saw the end to this, did we ?

Ohiocruiser 05-18-2019 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Cat Man HHR (Post 866315)
Let's see, man in HHR comes out wheeling a machete, first thought "Oh (fill in the blank)".
Me, get out of there quickly.
Maybe that "subdued" driver could have been pumped up on downs. You know ?
Never saw the end to this, did we ?

Well if you read the story, subie driver didn't even know it was a machete, untill he saw the video. And trust me I hope I have the same b...s if I am in similar situation

Cat Man HHR 05-18-2019 03:32 PM

So I guess subie is different than subdued ?
Is subie the same as uber ?
Need an education please.

sleeper 05-18-2019 08:48 PM

Rule 1: If confronted w/machete, draw Glock.

Rule 2: Don't shoot unless no other option is available.

Cat Man HHR 05-19-2019 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by sleeper (Post 866334)

Rule 2: Don't shoot unless no other option is available.

Sorry, someone pulls out a blade 2 feet long I'm going with #2, no questions asked.
Close range a shotgun is your friend, you can't miss.
Do you know the shotgun was considered the only weapon inhumane during WW2 ?

Oldblue 05-19-2019 01:36 PM

Subdue driver, the dude driving the Subaru.

sleeper 05-19-2019 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Cat Man HHR (Post 866356)
Sorry, someone pulls out a blade 2 feet long I'm going with #2, no questions asked.
Close range a shotgun is your friend, you can't miss.
Do you know the shotgun was considered the only weapon inhumane during WW2 ?

Someone points a pistol at ya & tells you to drop your weapon (machete), if they fail to follow that instruction, maybe they just need shot, I'd only wound them tho.

Didn't know about the shotgun being humane in WW2 ?

Cat Man HHR 05-20-2019 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by sleeper (Post 866382)

Didn't know about the shotgun being humane in WW2 ?

Sorry, my mistake, it was WW1:

https://owlcation.com/humanities/Wor...otgun-Inhumane

Greybeard999 05-20-2019 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Cat Man HHR (Post 866393)

But Mustard gas was okay...

Go Figure.

Cat Man HHR 05-20-2019 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Greybeard999 (Post 866403)

Go Figure.

Yes, strange how the mind works.

https://www.livescience.com/39248-wh...stard-gas.html

sleeper 05-20-2019 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Greybeard999 (Post 866403)

Go Figure.

Yea right ....

letterman7 05-21-2019 02:52 PM

Had to pipe up... I have many friends that are SWAT or similar. I was discussing various ammunition with one while we were on the range, and he says that, under Geneva Convention, the US cannot use frangible ammunition in warfare. But it's ok to use grenades... :skull:

Oldblue 05-21-2019 07:28 PM

The things that make you go hmmmm or boom!!

PittKrewBowling 05-22-2019 09:11 AM

Suspect has been captured and arrested.

https://www.nbcdfw.com/traffic/stori...510239011.html

solman98 05-22-2019 10:03 AM

Both drivers are idiots. One for not letting a car merge for an accident, and the other, well we saw that one.

Lucky neither had a gun.

Ohiocruiser 05-22-2019 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by solman98 (Post 866523)
Both drivers are idiots. One for not letting a car merge for an accident, and the other, well we saw that one.

Lucky neither had a gun.

Right. Be smart and bow to every bully coming your way, because he might have a gun. Strange logic. The morons like the one on hhr is mainly the reason we have crazy traffic during rush hours

solman98 05-22-2019 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Ohiocruiser (Post 866532)
Right. Be smart and bow to every bully coming your way, because he might have a gun. Strange logic. The morons like the one on hhr is mainly the reason we have crazy traffic during rush hours

WTF was that all about? Traffic merging, if the idiot let him over instead of jumping forward to cut him off, then the idiot in the hhr would have never came out with the machete. And yes, people get shot over less than this daily. But common road manners are oblivious to some. Had both showed some, traffic flows much smoother.

Doc brown 05-22-2019 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Ohiocruiser (Post 866532)

Originally Posted by solman98 (Post 866535)
WTF was that all about? Traffic merging, if the idiot let him over instead of jumping forward to cut him off, then the idiot in the hhr would have never came out with the machete. And yes, people get shot over less than this daily. But common road manners are oblivious to some. Had both showed some, traffic flows much smoother.

X2, I drive in heavy traffic every day. Every day the commuters know the score. You aren't getting anywhere fast. Everyone is generally patient. So what, you let someone in and you're pride is hurt? You get ticked? Over what, a few feet of road? What is wrong with being COURTEOUS? If the Subie had not been arrogant and possessive of a few feet and let the HHR in, NONE of this would have happened. Everyone on the road is dealing with the same thing. Both of these guys are morons.

So am I afraid that people might have guns? You betcha! Twice in the Milwaukee area (that I'm aware of) there have been road rage incidents that involved shooting by people with concealed carry permits. Yes, they were carrying legally and they abused it. Lots of people have concealed carry permits. Lots more carry illegally. There have also been three freeway shutdowns in the downtown area over road rage shootings. So yes it happens. I'm not that proud that I'm willing to give my life over a few feet of road. In fact I highly value my life. Sorry but I don't understand the logic of handling it with retaliation.

sleeper 05-22-2019 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Doc brown (Post 866537)
(snip)

I'm not that proud that I'm willing to give my life over a few feet of road. In fact I highly value my life. Sorry but I don't understand the logic of handling it with retaliation.

Well said Chuck.. I agree. :twothumbs:

Ohiocruiser 05-23-2019 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Doc brown (Post 866537)
X2, I drive in heavy traffic every day. Every day the commuters know the score. You aren't getting anywhere fast. Everyone is generally patient. So what, you let someone in and you're pride is hurt? You get ticked? Over what, a few feet of road? What is wrong with being COURTEOUS? If the Subie had not been arrogant and possessive of a few feet and let the HHR in, NONE of this would have happened. Everyone on the road is dealing with the same thing. Both of these guys are morons.

So am I afraid that people might have guns? You betcha! Twice in the Milwaukee area (that I'm aware of) there have been road rage incidents that involved shooting by people with concealed carry permits. Yes, they were carrying legally and they abused it. Lots of people have concealed carry permits. Lots more carry illegally. There have also been three freeway shutdowns in the downtown area over road rage shootings. So yes it happens. I'm not that proud that I'm willing to give my life over a few feet of road. In fact I highly value my life. Sorry but I don't understand the logic of handling it with retaliation.

I guess I took a story about "wise gudgeon " I read in school, too seriously. Very good story.

Vinnybagodoughnuts 05-23-2019 09:08 AM

Never bring a knife to a gun fight............

sleeper 05-23-2019 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Vinnybagodoughnuts (Post 866572)
Never bring a knife to a gun fight............

Not a good decision..

Cat Man HHR 05-25-2019 05:07 AM

Originally Posted by letterman7 (Post 866484)
under Geneva Convention, the US cannot use frangible ammunition in warfare. But it's ok to use grenades... :skull:

Had to look up frangible ammunition.
https://www.ammunitiontogo.com/lodge...rangible-ammo/

Oldblue 05-25-2019 09:00 AM

Makes sense, less chance of ricochet injuries.

sleeper 05-25-2019 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Cat Man HHR (Post 866664)
Had to look up frangible ammunition.
https://www.ammunitiontogo.com/lodge...rangible-ammo/

OK, learned something new. I like that...