Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   War Stories (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/war-stories-8/)
-   -   HHR vs. PT Looser (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/war-stories-8/hhr-vs-pt-looser-1975/)

BlackHHR 05-10-2006 09:15 PM

HHR vs. PT Looser

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...r_chrysler_pt/

Just look around and seen this.:smile:

captain howdy 05-10-2006 09:42 PM

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/general-hhr-4/motor-trend-hhr-vs-pt-402/ :p:

BlackHHR 05-10-2006 09:50 PM

SH#T!!!!!!!!!
Sorry CH. I should of searched before I posted.:red:

captain howdy 05-10-2006 09:52 PM

No need to apologize! :thumb: It's bound to happen every now and again. :lol: We have the same info in a lot of threads. ;)

BlackHHR 05-10-2006 09:55 PM

Thanks CH I thought that you would understand.

booksmitty 05-10-2006 11:44 PM

Dude

I hadn't seen it. thanks!:D

tplyons 05-14-2006 08:09 PM

Wow, and to think my Mom's trying to get me to buy a used Loser than a new HHR, for less than half the price, this article just favors my side.

SindyDix 05-14-2006 08:16 PM

Here is a side by side visual for you!

http://www.sindydix.com/storage/sidebysidefront.jpg

http://www.sindydix.com/storage/sidebysiderear.jpg

Navyflyer11 05-14-2006 08:37 PM

What came to mind when looking at you pix sindy, Class vs. no class.:thumb:

MikeX 05-14-2006 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Navyflyer11
What came to mind when looking at you pix sindy, Class vs. no class.:thumb:

Yea, same thing goes for the cars!

:lol:

cj krause 05-14-2006 09:19 PM

there is a reason it is easier to push around,,,,,

its HALF the car, :rof:

Low Tone 05-15-2006 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by SindyDix

That white Cruiser looks like an egg.....
I never realized just how egg-shaped they were before the HHR's came along.

courthousedeb 05-15-2006 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by SindyDix

Looks like I'm not the only one who finds pleasure in parking next to a PT Cruiser. :nuts:

BlackHHR 05-15-2006 12:33 PM

Love sitting next to PT Lossers at red lights. They all look at the HHR with their dropping jaws.:lol: :bow:

courthousedeb 05-15-2006 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by BlackHHR
Love sitting next to PT Lossers at red lights. They all look at the HHR with their dropping jaws.:lol: :bow:

I know what you mean. I was driving down the street a few weeks ago and could see a PT Cruiser coming up behind me. When they got close enough they pulled in the lane to my left and the passenger in the PT rolled down his window and gave me the thumbs up. Thought that was pretty cool for him to do that.

BlackHHR 05-15-2006 12:56 PM

Thats sweet. I get thumbs up all the time too.
What I really like is all the people that drive around in the old 40's and 50's cars wave and give the tumbs up. I think thats cool. Love this Car.:hhr:

Low Tone 05-25-2006 06:32 PM

I saw five different PT Losers today on my way to work and it's only a 10 minute drive from my house. They were all eyeballing my ride but not all of them looked nice. :(

That being said, it's nice to know my HHR isn't a common site on the road like the PT Loser. At least not yet.
:one:

SindyDix 05-25-2006 07:29 PM

I pass by a used car dealer quite often here in the High Desert (Victorville) and from what I can count/see as I pass, 16 of the PT Cruisers and I know I diden't get a count of every single one of them. I know there is more than 15.
All colors in hard top and convertables.

cvrogershhr 06-10-2006 03:20 AM

Guess everyone "IS" noticing......I have seen quit a few PT's aound since i've bought my HHR....Thought it was my imagination, or was just paying more attention since I have the HHR. They just don't look as beefy and stout as the HHR. Also don't see many HHR's, Yet. The local dealer still has quit a few, and the Dealer in the next town still has the one I looked at when I bought mine in Feburary....Just wondering if anyone else was noticing if they're more PT's then before.:nuts:

Lee3333 06-10-2006 07:15 AM

I still do not see many HHR's. In fact, since buying mine in Dec, I doubt if I have seen 15. And only 2 other red ones. Perhaps they would see better if Chevy did ANY marketing. None in any TV commercials (but at the end, they always show just the grill). Here in NYC, several Chevy dealers have full page ads in The Daily News. Never, ever seen an HHR in listed. Yet, whenever I drive around, I get people checking it out, many stopping me and asking me about the car. Hear that, GM. The HHR seems to be a well kept secret:nuts:

scaleguy 06-10-2006 07:25 AM

A very nice lady was eyeballing my HHR and she finally asked is that some new special edition PT Cruiser, so I explained and let her check it out, while this was going on two more people started asking about it and I suddenly have an impromtu show...too cool. I am talking to teh three people when a PT pulls in and the guy just looks as he walks in and as soon as he is out of sight all hree people do th side by side comparison thing...and they all agreed that the HHR has far more style...I drove home a very content HHR owner...:thumb:

Black Beauty 06-10-2006 08:51 AM

Poor losers, I think they`er going to get a Handicap status soon!!!

bisho1p 06-16-2006 03:58 PM

HHR vs. PT Loser

I was in the parking lot of a local grocery chain here today, and what do I park next to? Yes, a PT Loser. I would have parked somewhere else but hey, I don't LIKE to walk any farther than I have to. Well, as I walk back out with my lunch, this POJ Black PT Loser is STILL parked next to me; not to mention dirty as hell and detracting value from MY HHR! So what did I do; well I got even with him and left one of courthouseDeb's ChevyHHR.net flyers on his windshield! ROTFLMAO!!!! :banana: :rof: :nuts:

It made my Friday, that's for sure! :thumb:

O6ChevyHHR 06-16-2006 04:59 PM

lol

Black Beauty 06-19-2006 06:34 AM

One can only hope the day never comes when we`re not #1 anymore. After all (according to your story) it was there when you arrived! Can`t understand your logic.

edmedic1958 06-19-2006 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by BlackHHR
Thats sweet. I get thumbs up all the time too.
What I really like is all the people that drive around in the old 40's and 50's cars wave and give the tumbs up. I think thats cool. Love this Car.:hhr:

At least you get the thumbs up. I usually get one of the other fingers. Is that bad?:eek: :red:

tonydetiger 06-19-2006 09:57 PM

Great find on the Motortrend article. When I was researching the HHR, this one was pivotal in my getting an HHR over the PT (or anything else, honestly).

It was good to see how the HHR faired against its major competition.

tonydetiger 06-19-2006 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by scaleguy
A very nice lady was eyeballing my HHR and she finally asked is that some new special edition PT Cruiser, so I explained and let her check it out, while this was going on two more people started asking about it and I suddenly have an impromtu show...too cool. I am talking to teh three people when a PT pulls in and the guy just looks as he walks in and as soon as he is out of sight all hree people do th side by side comparison thing...and they all agreed that the HHR has far more style...I drove home a very content HHR owner...:thumb:

I actually freaked out the guy next to me in the parking lot. I hit the remote start when he was standing next to my car. He jumped, and then looked inside to see where the driver was.

bisho1p 06-22-2006 09:22 AM

I wnet to McDonalds this morning to grab a quick bite to eat, and behind me in the drive-thru was a fugly purple PT Loser that some guy was driving, and as I was in line, all he kept doing was "visually inspecting" my car from inside his PT Loser. I think he realized what a lousy purchase he made. :lol:

TomsHHR 06-24-2006 09:36 PM

HHR VS PT Loser

Found out today when comming back from St Joe Mo that The HHR:thumb: has more pick-up than at least one of the Losers :thumbsdow....

He kept doing the wanna go thingie:bye:... So, Down to I drive and let er go... Started around 60 and he was behind when I hit 100.. Just walked away from the Silver Pt.:lol:

:steering::rof::beer::one::hhr:

SoCalHHR 06-24-2006 10:19 PM

Great job Tom! :thumb:

Sure glad there were no deer in sight! :lol:

TomsHHR 06-25-2006 06:17 AM

There are deer that way. I was in Iowa when that happened.. Tall corn country and Turkeys. ut-ohhhh. that would make me a Deer/Turkey Slayer!!:eek: :nuts:

bisho1p 06-26-2006 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by TomsHHR
He kept doing the wanna go thingie:bye:... So, Down to I drive and let er go... Started around 60 and he was behind when I hit 100.. Just walked away from the Silver Pt.:lol::steering::rof::beer::one::hhr:

When will they ever learn...? :roll:

TomsHHR 06-27-2006 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by bisho1p
When will they ever learn...? :roll:

You must be refering to the PT Loser....:thumb:

jx3 06-29-2006 11:52 AM

Well about a month ago, new neighbors moved into the cul-de-sac. One of their friends drives a PT Looser, and everytime he's over to visit his friends, he is always looking at my driveway, leaving a puddle of drool.

SoCalHHR 06-29-2006 12:07 PM

You should leave a mop & bucket out on the sidewalk, with a sign that says; "For the PT Loser Guy." :lol:

dixiesHHR 10-05-2006 10:51 PM

Maybe I am the only HHR person that likes seeing all the PTs. It makes the HHR look that much better, and I don't want to be driving what everyone else is.

mitzkity 10-06-2006 11:27 PM

Duhhhh, I like the PT's. Same designer as our car, right? He just clarified his vision and got it right the second time!