Thermostat rip off. - Page 2 - Chevy HHR Network

War Stories HHR vs all

Old 03-29-2018, 08:54 AM   #11  
Technical Moderator

The flat rate is 1.2 hours, the MSRP for the t-stat is $60 plus the towels, disposal and taxes.

Curiously, the flat rate to replace the temp sensor is .6 hours.

There is a chance of spilling 2 oz. of coolant on the ground. EPA gets involved.

I have no idea what they would be doing to it for the extra 55 minutes.

Service Advisors in my area have lots of time to look at flat rate tables. It just took me 1 minute, and I had to wait for Mitchell to load.

The last place I would ask for advice would be one of the advisors at my local Chevy dealer. They didn't know why a PTCruiser was pulling into the bay.

I won't even get to the idiots they have with Tech2 "training". One couldn't find the RCDLR one couldn't find the SDM, either physically or on the CAN bus.

/rant.

Last edited by donbrew; 03-29-2018 at 12:09 PM.
donbrew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 08:36 AM   #12  

Quote:
Originally Posted by donbrew View Post
The flat rate is 1.2 hours, the MSRP for the t-stat is $60 plus the towels, disposal and taxes.

Curiously, the flat rate to replace the temp sensor is .6 hours.

There is a chance of spilling 2 oz. of coolant on the ground. EPA gets involved.

I have no idea what they would be doing to it for the extra 55 minutes.

Service Advisors in my area have lots of time to look at flat rate tables. It just took me 1 minute, and I had to wait for Mitchell to load.

The last place I would ask for advice would be one of the advisors at my local Chevy dealer. They didn't know why a PTCruiser was pulling into the bay.

I won't even get to the idiots they have with Tech2 "training". One couldn't find the RCDLR one couldn't find the SDM, either physically or on the CAN bus.

/rant.

I LOVE the preponderance of the phrase "if necessary." If necessary? I imagine it is! LOL!
Casa Del Gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 02:43 PM   #13  
Technical Moderator

It is part of a larger replacement of the t-stat housing and transfer pipe. I just copied the relevant part.
donbrew is online now   Reply With Quote