War Stories HHR vs all

Why do slow cars insist on challenging the HHR SS??

Old 03-07-2013, 02:00 AM

Why do slow cars insist on challenging the HHR SS??

Is the HHR SS really that unknown to all that slow ricers think they can smoke me? I had to school a 92 Acura Integra today, it looked like it had some work done on it white color low to the ground, had wide tires with small red rims, fart can exhaust and a carbon fiber hood. He tailgating the hell out of me, so I sped up a bit so he can "attempt" to fly by. As soon as I heard that fart can roaring I gunned it, no contest what so ever. He got smoked he ever went against traffic in a attempt to catch up but it wasn't even close....when will people learn
Old 03-07-2013, 07:50 AM

Drivers with more testosterone than brains...
Old 03-07-2013, 09:56 AM

I agree with old lar.....

Also, from going to the track, I would say 25% of people think the SS badge is just a badge... Another 25% probably have no idea what is under the hood. From a different perspective, people can't really see the intercooler, and the car is one of the ultimate sleepers on the road today....specially the guys with a lot of work done, they got 12 second HHR's that can hit 60 in 5 seconds (or under). I would say most people wouldn't expect it to be nearly as fast as it is, which is why some people will race, expecting it to be close...
Old 03-07-2013, 07:28 PM

I agree with both of you very true
Old 03-07-2013, 07:55 PM

Yes. Ultimate sleeper. A huge plus if you can do it and keep it quiet
Old 03-11-2013, 12:54 PM

Pretty sure even my slower 2.4l would smoke an older Integra unless it's had a motor swap or turbo upgrade.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:34 PM

Oh of course. But whatever he had apparently he thought he could take me on, but I showed him how the SS rolls.

Originally Posted by chefhhr
Pretty sure even my slower 2.4l would smoke an older Integra unless it's had a motor swap or turbo upgrade.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:56 PM
Premium Member

I see you have done lots of cool stuff with your SS.....but I don't see a tune in there. When you feel 28lbs of pull, you will know what I mean...

The next step is bigger turbo....

Then you can go hunt down a cobra...
Old 03-12-2013, 04:06 AM

Well I am tuned by GM. I know other tunes have higher PSI, but I didn't want to void my extended warranty. But I'm happy with the power i have, I'm in Southern California so traffic can be a pain and very few open roads. I wouldn't be able to really enjoy anymore HP like some of you guys in other states rolling on some bad ass power and have access to open empty roads. Also CA has some pretty strict emissions laws which makes upgrading a pain :/

Originally Posted by SS fan
I see you have done lots of cool stuff with your SS.....but I don't see a tune in there. When you feel 28lbs of pull, you will know what I mean...

The next step is bigger turbo....

Then you can go hunt down a cobra...
Old 03-12-2013, 11:11 AM

i also dont understand why the challenge from everybody! i considered de badging my ss an old focus tried to race me just yesterday

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why do slow cars insist on challenging the HHR SS??