Chevy HHR Network Forums
Search

Welcome to the Chevy HHR Network forums. The Chevy HHR Network is the leading resource for Chevy HHR owners.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Register Forgot Password?

Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-16-2006, 03:52 PM   #1

Member #: 484
Check out my gallery 
Front Strut Tower Brace

Comments wanted:

Does the HHR need a front strut tower brace? Currently, are there any manufacturers?

Thanks.
Dark Silver Metallic 2LT, gray leather, sunroof, running boards, (all mods from SoCalHHRs): billet "stubby" antenna, CMF carbon look fusebox cover, CMF carbon look rear bumper cover, CMF carbon look coil covertrim panel, Chevy bowtie floor mats, tinted windows, debadged, CGS Intake System, IMCO T-924 muffler, Progress Technology Rear Anti-Sway Bar, lower grill mod, and Zaino shine
jimieno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 03:58 PM   #2

Member #: 166
Check out my gallery 
No manufacturer's currently. IMO it's pretty rigid up front. Mine is lowered and I put it through the paces regularly - don't feel much flex at all.

Location will be a deal breaker for any strut tower brace in the HHR. The MASSIVE air cleaner cover prohibits a straight across route. Also, the firewall is set back quite a bit making triangulation tricky. Location of the fusebox, brake reservoir, and AC hardlines make the task increasingly difficult.

Someone may attempt one; but a) it's not needed, and b) it's gonna be pretty funky looking to get around everything!

Just my $0.02

"If I were a rich man..."
SoCalHHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 04:11 PM   #3

Member #: 484
Check out my gallery 
Thanks so much Mike.
Dark Silver Metallic 2LT, gray leather, sunroof, running boards, (all mods from SoCalHHRs): billet "stubby" antenna, CMF carbon look fusebox cover, CMF carbon look rear bumper cover, CMF carbon look coil covertrim panel, Chevy bowtie floor mats, tinted windows, debadged, CGS Intake System, IMCO T-924 muffler, Progress Technology Rear Anti-Sway Bar, lower grill mod, and Zaino shine
jimieno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 04:12 PM   #4

Member #: 166
Check out my gallery 
Glad to help J!

"If I were a rich man..."
SoCalHHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 07:40 PM   #5

Member #: 521
Check out my gallery 
I agree, I had to do a quick lane change the other morning. Cruise control set at 79 and out of nowhere was a huge piece of truck tire. swerved to the other lane without hitting the brake. Just a little tire squeal but no loss of control. felt real steady. (Thank God)

Black DeLuxe LT, Lowered, Video, GPS, Blue Dots, Flames, 3 Kicker Subs, & Orion Amp
Navyflyer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 07:40 PM

submit to reddit