General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

BAD Business

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 04:14 PM

BAD Business

I just received a new front grill I order - it came in a box twice as big as the grill and was smashed, because there was only 2 pieces of padding to protect the grill. Well it had scratches and groves cut into it. I was disappointed because I just wanted to improve what I have and was looking forward to the parts order.

Now the nightmare - the paperwork didn't had any phone numbers or address's for their company - that being US Auto Warehouse All that was in the box was a return slip without invoice, but it was from a Fulfillment Company that handles returns for US Auto Warehouse Again, no contact address or phone numbers.

I had to go to my Paypal account and find a phone number, which turned out to be a company that handles customer service for US Auto Warehouse I finally got ahold of an agent and they took all the information for a refund. I now have to wait 2 to 5 working days for US Auto Warehouse to get back to me on what to do next. I don't like deception.

The agent keep trying to blame FEDEX for the damage and I keep telling her that ALL DAMAGE was because of the poor packaging and that the grille really wasn't protected from damage. She keep going back to FEDEX as the cause and they weren't!

I would recommend that NO ONE deal with US AUTO WAREHOUSE for parts - major pain in the butt!

Last edited by 843de; 07-31-2016 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Removed NSFW language
Old 07-30-2016, 04:18 PM
Technical Moderator

Us auto warehouse is not a "warehouse", they are a drop shipper and most likely only get a commission on the sale.

BTW, that is how RockAuto is operated, and Amazon and AliBaba etc.
Old 07-30-2016, 05:20 PM

The "warehouse" through me when I was ordering the part. I knew about Amazon, they don't hide it. I would guess then that all those GM parts places do the same thing. I wasn't thinking, just wanted the part
Old 07-30-2016, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Airfoto
The "warehouse" through me when I was ordering the part. I knew about Amazon, they don't hide it. I would guess then that all those GM parts places do the same thing. I wasn't thinking, just wanted the part
Many of the GM parts places are actual GM dealerships.

Thanks for the heads up, let us know how it works out.
Old 07-31-2016, 02:32 PM

Several ways to go about it, but where did you actually order it?
Ebay - use the link to contact the seller, they do not want negative feedback
Amazon - contact amazon support
Direct from seller website - I'd contact PayPal first, but if the seller is blaming fedex they should be filing a claim
Old 07-31-2016, 05:05 PM

I did buy direct from their website using Paypal as a back up in case. I realize that you have to cover yourself dealing with some of this people. I do believe that most are honest and things do go smooth. Though, some can and have been nightmares.

It'll work itself out and I'll go somewhere else to get the part. Just frustrating and seems like such a waste of time.
Old 07-31-2016, 06:43 PM
Technical Moderator

In my former life as a delivery guy; I would direct your attention to A.) what it says next to "sign here" RECEIVED IN GOOD ORDER. and B.) all of that writing on the back of the General Bill of Lading.

It is written that way in the hopes nobody will bother to read it. In short, it is the carriers problem, but you signed for it. And you most likely need to be dealing with the company that delivered the package.

The driver that picked it up "inspected it for obvious damage" and did not note any. Then you received it and did not note any obvious damage to the package.

That is the purpose of Bills of Lading. The procedure for you to follow is in writing. If the carrier thinks that the vendor did a bad job of packaging, they can seek damages from said vendor. The first person to notice a damaged package blames the last person who had control of it, it flows downhill.

Anyway, reading all of that stuff will keep you from getting aggravated when you try to deal with the wrong company and feeling like they are stonewalling.
Old 08-02-2016, 01:25 AM

I think because Paypal sent them a letter about the part ordeal, they sent the refund today, which takes 3 days to clear. Still would have like getting the part.
Old 08-04-2016, 07:24 AM

Sucks that the grille arrived so messed up, and hope you get a replacement soon.
Old 08-06-2016, 07:16 PM

Same kind of thing happened to me actually, a grille was damaged due to insufficient packaging. I had ordered on ebay.
They sent a replacement free of charge and didn't require me to send the damaged one back.

Quick Reply: BAD Business