General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR MOM might be gone soon

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 02:58 PM

Unhappy HHR MOM might be gone soon

Well HHR MOM has over 90k miles on it and a trade-in value about $7000, so it may be time to say good-bye to her.

Been a great car, still is, but it's time to get Bonnie a new car and trade-in is about as good as it's gonna get.

This is what we're looking at...

Old 06-07-2011, 03:38 PM

Sorry to hear that...hate to pick the bones, but whatcha doing with the wheels? :)
Old 06-07-2011, 04:17 PM

Have you compared the Cruze to that Hyundai yet? Just curious.

Later
Allex
Old 06-07-2011, 04:50 PM

90K? Just getting broken in.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:54 PM

Thumbs up GREAT question.

Originally Posted by asanti

Later
Allex
GREAT question. OR the new Chevrolet Sonic.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by SmootHHR
Sorry to hear that...hate to pick the bones, but whatcha doing with the wheels? :)
the wheels with go with the car, got curb damage anyway

Originally Posted by asanti

Later
Allex
Originally Posted by ymerej_mortsdnil
GREAT question. OR the new Chevrolet Sonic.
did a lot of research...for price, features, and warranty the Chevys don't even come close
Old 06-07-2011, 06:36 PM

I have a friend who works for Hyundai in service. He could get a new Hyundai at a discount.

.......He just went and bought a new HHR! His stories of issues they have had are amazing. Rust issues on Sonatas that all they did is hit the sub frame with a hammer and spray it with wax. Sway bars breaking off on new cars and door handles that were broken before the car was even sold. He did consider one but the longer he worked there the more he decided it was not what he felt safe with. He traded is Cavalier with well over 200,000 miles in on a LT2 HHR and has no regretts.

Just a word to the wise Hyundais have a long warranty for a reason. At least that is what he told me.

Note too I also have a co worker that dumped his Hyundai and just bought a 2010 HHR as they said the warranty on his Hyundai would not cover his issue.

Just something to think about.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:11 PM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by hyperv6
I have a friend who works for Hyundai in service. He could get a new Hyundai at a discount.

.......He just went and bought a new HHR! His stories of issues they have had are amazing. Rust issues on Sonatas that all they did is hit the sub frame with a hammer and spray it with wax. Sway bars breaking off on new cars and door handles that were broken before the car was even sold. He did consider one but the longer he worked there the more he decided it was not what he felt safe with. He traded is Cavalier with well over 200,000 miles in on a LT2 HHR and has no regretts.

Just a word to the wise Hyundais have a long warranty for a reason. At least that is what he told me.

Note too I also have a co worker that dumped his Hyundai and just bought a 2010 HHR as they said the warranty on his Hyundai would not cover his issue.

Just something to think about.
I could believe this pretty easily, as we traded in a Hyundai Accent for my wife's '09 HHR LS & couldn't be happier. The Accent felt like such a cheap vehicle, & had a lot of silly little issues that should not have happened.

I am one of the weird people out there who will remain loyal to a brand no matter what, & my brand of choice is General Motors. My family has had nothing but luck with General Motors products.

But this is just our opinion, there are many different car brands for a reason, because there are many different people looking for different types of vehicles.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:17 PM

everything you are saying can be said about our precious HHRs, and HAS been on this forum many times
Old 06-07-2011, 08:27 PM

Unhappy Say It Aint So!

Sorry to hear you are going to let your HHR go. May I suggest you replace it with a newer, lower mileage HHR? I feel you might really miss yours once it's gone. I know I would. There's nothing else like it. Good luck on your choice.[/I]