General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

HHR's Have 2 batteries

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 11:08 PM

well since i have the rest of the week off i will be doing a full tour of my HHR, that is if the rain stops! and then i will get to the bottom of this battery issue dang it!
Old 10-19-2005, 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by HUSKYSHHR
i will be doing a full tour of my HHR

That's like my fiancee and I had to do with her G6. She's had it for 8 or 9 months now (bought it with 11 miles on the odometer...a little over 7000 miles now), anyway, we just found a compartment that we didn't know about last month and i found it has a second dc outlet (there's the cigarette lighter spot and also another one in the center console).

make sure you check every inch of the vehicle and find everything...we laughed our A$$e$ of when we found these things that we didn't find the first 6 or so months.
Old 10-19-2005, 07:01 AM

You guys should really read your manuals, LOL......The only battery is IN the REAR under the tire compartment......
Old 10-19-2005, 08:17 AM

my basic HHR has the battery in the trunk too. Ithink it is the only one to be honest
Old 10-28-2005, 02:48 PM

i sell them, and we went though classes on them, the only battery in the car is in the back by the space. only thing upfront are jump connectors and huge bus fuses and relays.

having the battery in the back solves a couple things.

1) keeps battery away from the harmful element under the hood. heat, moisture, vibration. the cobalt is the same way. the engineers have discovered that when you do that the battery last longer. mercedes and bmw have been doing that for years.

2) if you had to put a battery housing under the hood, you would have to take away a bigger engine and all other parts. this allows to put as much under the hood as possible with out sacrificing power, torque, suspension, and other thing that make the vehicle run quicker and quieter.

now if you need to jump the vehicle, you dont have to go to the trunk. thats what the jumper connections up front are for. and for those who didnt get the pioneer system, then runnin power cables for an amplifier are so extremely easy.

hope that helps. if you have anyother questions, feel free to email me.

craig kandiko
pat o'brien chevrolet
440-585-9300
batman5273@yahoo.com
Old 10-28-2005, 03:18 PM

Yea. I can't wait to install a system.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by adamlowery
Yea. I can't wait to install a system.

Me too.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:38 PM

Battery

Originally Posted by batman5273
i sell them, and we went though classes on them, the only battery in the car is in the back by the space. Only thing upfront are jump connectors and huge bus fuses and relays.

Having the battery in the back solves a couple things.

1) keeps battery away from the harmful element under the hood. Heat, moisture, vibration. The cobalt is the same way. The engineers have discovered that when you do that the battery last longer. Mercedes and bmw have been doing that for years.

2) if you had to put a battery housing under the hood, you would have to take away a bigger engine and all other parts. This allows to put as much under the hood as possible with out sacrificing power, torque, suspension, and other thing that make the vehicle run quicker and quieter.

Now if you need to jump the vehicle, you dont have to go to the trunk. Thats what the jumper connections up front are for. And for those who didnt get the pioneer system, then runnin power cables for an amplifier are so extremely easy.

Hope that helps. If you have anyother questions, feel free to email me.

Craig kandiko
pat o'brien chevrolet
440-585-9300
batman5273@yahoo.com
thanks i was wondering were it was,,,,i haven't gotten a moment to look for it !!!!
I noticed that there is no power steering pump to deal with edor!!
Must be one of the reasons its good on gas,,less drag on motor!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 06:23 PM

Wow give this guy a prize for using the search feature.
Welcome to the mad house!!
Old 04-01-2011, 06:31 PM
Premium Member

I second the motion those were some early members there

Quick Reply: HHR's Have 2 batteries