General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

New ride

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 07:21 AM

New ride

Well I picked up my HHR Sat night. I finally got a payout on my stolen truck on Friday. Ended up with an '06 1LT 5-speed, in the Daytona Blue. Only options are the running boards, chrome package, upgraded mats, and smokers package.

Now the bad part, no antenna or premium mats. Seems like the original dealership "misplaced" them. The the selling dealership is reordering. Also no lighter or ashtray for the smokers package. Not a big deal there as I don't smoke anymore. But without that option, does the aux plug in turnoff with the ignition or stay on constant light the lighter does? Now I have to remember to turn off the radar detector every time. Might just hard wire this in. Also two marks on the rear bumper cover, looks like it got a small wack when it was either being loaded or unloaded. It was dark when I picked it up and that was unnoticed until the next day.

It also need a good was job. Dealership "detailers" really suck at their job.

Pics a little later.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:48 AM

nice!
Old 10-02-2006, 08:18 AM

Welcome to the world of owning an HHR. Sure sounds like your dealer dropped the ball on a couple things. My HHR didn't come with the smokers package, but the lighter was in a bag in the rear with the cargo net, front license plate frame and the velcro straps. They didn't do a great job detailing my car either...but we're pretty particular since that's what my boyfriend does for a living...and he's very meticulous when he details cars, whether they are new or used. As for the marks in the bumper, I just got a few a couple weeks ago and not even sure how they happened, but we were able to buff them out with a little wax and a buffer.

I'm pretty sure the lighter is "hot" all the time. I'm pretty sure I've had it work when the keys are out and I lean in to light up when I'm out of the car.

Look forward to seeing pics of your new HHR. Congrats and enjoy your new ride.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:37 AM
JB1

congrats.

You dont want that factory antenna anyway, just order a short one from Mike. I got the $16 version which is actually 3 antennas and he gives free shipping on those.

http://www.socalhhr.citymax.com/products.html
Old 10-02-2006, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
the cargo net,
Forgot that one, it's not there either. Guess I will make a list for when I go back this afternoon. Banks computer went down Friday afternoon so the check from them didn't get mailed. I will pick that up and just tell them, you want this...... This is what I need in return.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by JB1
congrats.

You dont want that factory antenna anyway, just order a short one from Mike. I got the $16 version which is actually 3 antennas and he gives free shipping on those.

http://www.socalhhr.citymax.com/products.html
For now, I need that one. I will probably order a shorty later. But it doesn't pick up crap with out one.

Guess I need to get some pics and post them here and FSC.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by solman98
Forgot that one, it's not there either. Guess I will make a list for when I go back this afternoon. Banks computer went down Friday afternoon so the check from them didn't get mailed. I will pick that up and just tell them, you want this...... This is what I need in return.
Sounds like you've got the upper hand here. Now is the chance to get them to make everything right...and be sure to get what you can in writing. Better yet, tell them to pull the missing parts out of one of their HHR's on the lot that ISN'T sold yet. I've heard of that being done before...and if memory serves me right, one person here said their dealer pulled a part out of an HHR repair so they didn't have to wait for it to arrive. Now that my friend...is dedication to your customer.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by courthousedeb
Sounds like you've got the upper hand here. Now is the chance to get them to make everything right...and be sure to get what you can in writing. Better yet, tell them to pull the missing parts out of one of their HHR's on the lot that ISN'T sold yet. I've heard of that being done before...and if memory serves me right, one person here said their dealer pulled a part out of an HHR repair so they didn't have to wait for it to arrive. Now that my friend...is dedication to your customer.
They tried to do that with the mat's, but with the stock mats. Mine are supposed to be the upgraded ones.
Old 10-03-2006, 10:50 PM

The Aux-In plugin is off if the power is not on
Old 10-03-2006, 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by GhstRider
The Aux-In plugin is off if the power is not on
Right but they were asking about the cigarette lighter being constant on. Yes it stays on. The only cars I know that shut when you turn the car off are "Imports." Also th dealer that I got my car from took a cigarette lighter and ash tray from another HHR that wasn't sold

Quick Reply: New ride