General HHR Discuss anything related to the Chevy HHR that doesnt seem to fit into the more specific categories below.

V8 HHR Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by Oldblue
Poor thing looks lonesome!
Haha ya it does
Old 08-17-2016, 06:52 AM

Did this thread die? I looked at it every day in jealousy. Looks like it has been a month since any posts.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by zbear
Did this thread die? I looked at it every day in jealousy. Looks like it has been a month since any posts.
Oh no, quite the contrary. However, a couple of things have slowed down the progress and postings. 1. I've been on vacation for 2 weeks and I've been slammed with make-up work. 2. My right shoulder has been giving me pain for the last 3 years and it has reached the point that I can't seen to get anything done because of it. Next Wednesday the 24th I'm going in to UCLA Hospital for a full right shoulder replacement. This will put me in front of my TV for 2 - 3 weeks and after that I'll be in a sling for another month. It will take 6+ months to recover completely. Needless to say I won't be doing much on the car.

To this end, the car is at my engine builder's shop and they are doing the finishing items. The trans cable needs to be completed, the fuel pump-filter-lines need to be finished and the heater hoses need to be terminated under the dash. And of course that pesky electrical.

But never fear, this will get done over the fall and our harsh So Cal winter (it can get down in the 60's!) and be ready for springtime.

As far as posting pictures of the progress, it really doesn't look much different than you guys have already seen, but I got more pics if you want to see them.
Old 08-17-2016, 11:00 AM

Can we have some more sir!
Old 08-17-2016, 06:10 PM

Mini Update

I have just about finished the Bow-tie-to-'56-Crest-Emblem swap. It turned out much better than I had hoped. I need to find the rest of the step-by-step photos that I think are on my other computer. I'll look tomorrow. When I find them I'll post a step by step instruction for it. Pretty straight forward....a monkey could do it. Well, a monkey with access to a Bridgeport mill, a band saw, a big sander and a Dremel tool plus lots of adhesives.

Here is the finished look. I'll show you how to get here in a couple of days.
Attached Images  
Old 08-17-2016, 06:13 PM
Administrator

Good luck with the shoulder operation, Cliff! We'll be thinking about you.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:15 PM

Wow, they look great! I can't wait to see what they look like on the car.

Is there a monkey for rent? Oh yeah, the monkey has to come complete with the following; access to a Bridgeport mill, a band saw, a big sander and a Dremel tool plus lots of adhesives.

Ditto on the shoulder operations. I will pray for a speedy recovery that exceeds even the doctor's expectations.

Last edited by Oldblue; 08-17-2016 at 06:19 PM. Reason: House keeping
Old 08-17-2016, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by CA Blue HHR
Wow, they look great! I can't wait to see what they look like on the car.
Yeah, I think these cars are screaming for the early Chevy crest and I've never seen anything that has been done to a Bowtie that I like. You guys may not believe me but I have tried to keep the appearance changes to this car as subtle as possible......OK, now that I think about it maybe the tires, exhaust and roll cage aren't that subtle but I'm trying. Yeah, and the louvers on the hood and tach on the dash. And the sound. But other than that you wouldn't notice much.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:48 PM

Look forward to hearing how your bionic shoulder turns out.
Much more important than the greatest HHR build ever
Old 08-17-2016, 07:08 PM

Wow, what dedication. 4 years and still going strong with this. Many people would of just gave up. This is awesome! Keep it up!

Quick Reply: V8 HHR Build