GM Recall Campaigns For Information & Discussion of General Motors Recalls

went to the dealer for the recall...

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2014, 04:06 PM
Platinum Member

He did not say you were antagonistic, nor did he say you were going to get rid of your HHR.

I read his posting as a general venting at the whole situation, not your specific issues (check out his other postings which have helped a lot of people out, and reiterates more or less what he posted here).
Old 04-09-2014, 05:18 PM

I had once accused him of being a GM apologist which I've since backed off on. (Sorry for that, l78thumper). He's just giving his perspective as an employee in the middle of this mess. Most of the issues I've read about have been dealer issues rather than company issues.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by db/sb
I had once accused him of being a GM apologist which I've since backed off on. (Sorry for that, l78thumper). He's just giving his perspective as an employee in the middle of this mess. Most of the issues I've read about have been dealer issues rather than company issues.
Agreed... Many cannot differentiate GM dealership from GM Corporate. I have had at least 4 issues with GM dealerships. I never argue with them. Instead, I contact GM Customer Service. They sometimes took a week to review the circumstances, but in all cases, GM (Corporate) Customer Service had resolved them to my satisfaction, even with one slightly out of warrantee.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:41 PM

87, I was not going after you. It was ALL of the Negitive that was going on didn't mean to single any person out like getting rid of my HHR. I hope none of you get rid of your cars over this. AND for the going on for 10 years you or we DO NOT KNOW the WHOLE story. I do know alot more about it. GM has to be very carful about what they do or say and probibly were told by there lawyers not to say anything. BUT I WILL stick up for GM on this as I have said I have been a service wrighter for 30+ years. GM would love to tell you all what happend on this problem and i promice you they DONT take lifes for granted they want us to like them and have us buy there cars. AND I for one will buy GM again. And your right some dealers SUCK and you should change from that dealer and tell them, never mind id better be nice LOL. I do understand all of your frustrations I own an HHR my self. I hope you find a dealer that treats you right.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:48 PM

Thanks ALL of you!!! Thank You DB
Old 04-10-2014, 01:42 AM
Premium Member

Guess there were only a dozen deaths.....no rush then, I'll dive my other car.....gee whiz there....it's an HHR too. Now what ??
Old 04-10-2014, 02:16 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SS fan
Guess there were only a dozen deaths.....no rush then, I'll dive my other car.....gee whiz there....it's an HHR too. Now what ??
LOL - oh you had to mention the two HHRs.

Well, may I suggest you fire up the motorhome and enjoy that 8 MPG? Oh wait - that's probably about the same as the SS the way you use the go fast pedal.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:16 AM

Got off a little early yesterday afternoon, decided to take the Service Managers advice and run to the dealership. Advisor I spoke to was nice, but basically said we don't have parts. I said I know that, I was told to just come have you write it up and and order parts, just get it in to the system. Call me when you do have the part.

He said ok. Asked if I was wanting a rental car while I waited. I said I wasn't sure if that was necessary, am I in danger? He said, you shouldn't be. Told me about the no other keys hanging from ignition... which I've been doing for months, even before my year was recalled.

He did tell me that they had about 75 cars ahead of me waiting for parts, kind of gestured to the back lot (like a lot had a rental...). I asked about how long he thought, and he just had NO idea.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:09 AM

thumper. thats what i get for not being on enuff to see what is going on and who is who. hope no ill wills.

i have been running across GM dealers on LI that are similar. why doesnt GM get rid of them?? its not always a numbers issue. in the last few years i have had plenty of bad experiences at GM dealers over the last at least 15yrs. i was a diehard chevy guy. there was one dealer on LI that i liked and they got rid of the dealership. i thought the parts guy was a jerk at first and after a few times there, most dealers are the same out this way thats why i returned, he wasnt so bad after all. i got turned off due to some sales techniques and tactics. i dont play well with teachers nor car salesmen.

i was nothing but GM's for me until my last new car purchase, i bought a KIA, and love it. at least assembled in the GA,USA.

i do get the idea of the company and the stores. now from what i've learned and seen, i will never buy a new GM except a Corvette or CTS-V. problem is i cant afford either so i don't think ill get one!! but i will buy a GM used. but i will consider almost any mark except dodge, maybe a ford, doubt it but maybe.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:19 AM

We recently bought a KIA also. So far, it looks like that dealership will bend over backwards for you. We got a rock chip on the rocker panel on the way home from purchasing it(!). I mentioned that to the salesman with no expectation of them doing anything and a week later there was a $50 KIA Visa card in the mail that he said I could use for a 'paintless ding repair' if I wanted to since they have a detailer that comes to their dealership and that's what he'd charge to fix it. I've only had experience with 3 GM dealerships over the last several years and never had any problems with them. I guess that's were I got the notion that dealership and corporate were one and the same. At least, they should be but I guess that would be one of those "in a perfect world" scenarios.

Quick Reply: went to the dealer for the recall...