HHR SS Topics and information on the 2008-2010 Chevy HHR SS Turbocharged models.

Trying to find an SS...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 04:45 PM

The guy I have been talking with is waiting to hear back from the banks right now... and that is always the hardest part
Old 01-19-2014, 06:51 PM

This wait is definitely going to be the death of me :| I would like to be able to get this car tonight... have been hunting so long for one... especially in blue... I really hope everything can be arranged tonight
Old 01-19-2014, 07:33 PM

Well... the dealership wants about $3k down on this one before they are able to sell it to me... I only have $500 I could put down at the moment, and I really want this car... would be easy if I could put in a ton of overtime to be able to come up with that kind of cash, but I can't put in any overtime... because our business is slow enough to not allow for that... I will figure something out... I want this SS! lol
Old 01-20-2014, 06:46 PM

working on selling the cobalt now... it would be easier to get the SS without the carryover on the loan from trading the cobalt in... Hopefully it can be sold before the weekend... so I can get the SS, told the salesperson I was going to be doing that, so he wants me to keep him updated
Old 01-20-2014, 06:50 PM

Good luck! I went through several SS's before I was able to get mine. I saved up while I was trying to sell and Carmax ended up giving me a great value on my trade, Like 3K+ over what other dealers were offering. It took me a few months but I finally got one. Just keep at it and save your pennies :)
Old 01-21-2014, 12:54 PM
Administrator

If it's the right SS for you all pieces of the puzzle will fall into place, good luck!!
Old 01-24-2014, 01:56 AM

Still working on selling the cobalt. Also trying to figure out if I want to move back home to the midwest... Would figure that out after getting the SS, the dealership has been staying in touch with me, which I like and I don't know how true this is, apparantly I am the only person that is serious about buying this hhr ss... I don't really believe that, but I know that the speed3 sitting on their lot has had more interest.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:34 AM

I imgaine there a little more abundant out west.

I know when looking for mine I went through 4 before getting this one. The first two sold out from under me and the last two the dealer wouldn't work the numbers then the 5th one showed popped up.

I remember when looking on autotrader I would always see them listed out west and only one or two in a few state radius here but they would go quick.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:40 PM

So I went for a drive to the coast today to test drive and see that hhr ss in person, man is it a beautiful car.. however after the test drive, shut the car off, turned it back on to see where the boost psi read under boost, and the car started idling rough, and in the DIC read: Service ESC, service traction... then the check engine light came on and stayed on... wondering what might have caused that, plus when i checked the boost it went to vaccum not psi....
The salesperson got his superior and they decided that the car would be scheduled for service first thing tomorrow morning to figure out what was going on... but restarted it after it ran rough and it ran fine... just odd... even the salesperson thought so...
Old 01-13-2015, 01:20 AM
Platinum Member

Get the CEL code if you can - would be worthwhile to post it here to help determine if it was likely an "easy" fix or something that might be a bit hard to eradicate and may pop back up later on you.

We have quite a few great SS members here as you may have noticed :) - that can offer great advice.

Quick Reply: Trying to find an SS...