North Central ND, SD, MN, WI
View Poll Results: Which city do you think would be the best location for an HHR G2G in Wisconsin?
Wausau
5.66%
Eau Claire
15.09%
Wisconsin Dells
30.19%
Madison
7.55%
Milwaukee
35.85%
Other
9.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Wisconsin HHR Get-Together

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 06:39 PM

Would be interested depending on when and where. Coming from Mpls. and a day trip would be great but could poss. make it a overnight. It look's like half the people east and half west so maybe the Dells would split difference the best

Last edited by jayceeg; 03-28-2010 at 06:41 PM. Reason: add to post
Old 03-29-2010, 11:37 PM

Right now, I'm putting together a couple possible schedules of events/activities. I'm making one for Wisconsin Dells and one for Milwaukee since those seem to be the most popular locations. I'm almost positive this G2G would only be one day; it would be too expensive if I tried to make it an overnight thing. When I'm finished with the schedules, I'll post them up here and everyone can decide which one they like best. Also, if there's anyone else who'd like to come, just say so.
Old 04-01-2010, 12:21 PM

I might be interested in attending, depending on when and where it ends up being. I voted for the Dells.

TomK
Mpls, MN
Old 04-01-2010, 07:09 PM

Ok, here's a list of who wants to go (or might want to go) so far:

--W0THK (from Minneapolis, MN) – Maybe
--jayceeg (from Minneapolis, MN – Maybe
--Z-Man (from Chicago, IL) – Maybe (depends on how far)
--a76marine (from Waukegan, IL) – Maybe (depends on how far)
--TomsHHR (from Superior, WI) – Yes
--milwaukee hhr (from Milwaukee, WI) – Yes
--CarlsSS (from Cedarburg, WI) – Yes
--goetylsd (from Green Bay, WI) – Yes

OK, 4 yeses and 4 maybes, that's pretty good. If there's still anyone else who wants to come, just let me know.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:41 AM

I might be able to attend depending on where and when, but my life is about to get crazy 'til the end of summer.

goetylsd where at in GB do you live? I live on the east side off the GV exit on 172. I purchased my SS from broadway, but now take it to Gandrud for anything I need. I didn't really visit the site during the winter, and never realized there was another member from GB
Old 04-04-2010, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by 09_SS
I might be able to attend depending on where and when, but my life is about to get crazy 'til the end of summer.

goetylsd where at in GB do you live? I live on the east side off the GV exit on 172. I purchased my SS from broadway, but now take it to Gandrud for anything I need. I didn't really visit the site during the winter, and never realized there was another member from GB
Actually, I live in way out in the country in West De Pere (out by the Oneida Police Station), but I just put Green Bay since people know where it is. I bought my 2007 Chevrolet HHR 1LT at Thorstad Chevrolet in Madison because they had the best deal I could find. I haven't really had to fix anything yet (I'm keeping my fingers crossed). I don't really go over to the east side of town very often but who knows, maybe I'll see you sometime. My HHR is maroon with a Chevrolet decal on the windshield, running boards, chevrolet mud flaps, and an orange "W" on the rear window since I go to West De Pere HS. I don't think there's too many HHRs in Green Bay that are exactly the same as mine.
Old 04-10-2010, 08:43 PM

Sorry I've taken so long to post the event schedules. I've been really busy lately, but I'll try and get them up as soon as I get a chance. I still have to do a little bit of research. Also, I'd like to know what the best time is for everyone. May, June, July, August? If everyone who's planning on going (or maybe thinking about going) could please post what month is best for them, I'd really appreciate it. It will help with planning events and things to do. Thanks!
Old 04-27-2010, 08:03 AM

August would be best for me but could maybe make any other time except July
Old 05-08-2010, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by goetylsd
Actually, I live in way out in the country in West De Pere (out by the Oneida Police Station), but I just put Green Bay since people know where it is. I bought my 2007 Chevrolet HHR 1LT at Thorstad Chevrolet in Madison because they had the best deal I could find. I haven't really had to fix anything yet (I'm keeping my fingers crossed). I don't really go over to the east side of town very often but who knows, maybe I'll see you sometime. My HHR is maroon with a Chevrolet decal on the windshield, running boards, chevrolet mud flaps, and an orange "W" on the rear window since I go to West De Pere HS. I don't think there's too many HHRs in Green Bay that are exactly the same as mine.
AH...De Pere is close to Green Bay. When I first moved to GB about 4 years ago, I lived in my wife's (then Girl friend) Uncle and Aunts basement for a few months. They live on Amhart St. in west depere. I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya and if you see a black SS w/ the yellow SS decals honking at you then its me.

I have not had any issues other then taking it broadway for the aux brake pump to be added. and well that was a mess. But I get the oil and stuff done at gandrud
Old 07-07-2010, 12:41 PM

Wow, I almost totally forgot about this whole G2G I was putting together. I guess I've just been really busy lately. So, I'm just going to throw a few dates out there and see what works for everyone. Also, is a day trip what most people are interested in? It seems like that would be easier than doing overnight trip, but let me know what you think.

Here's the dates:
-Saturday, July 31
-Sunday, August 1
-Saturday, August 14
-Sunday, August 15

If everyone who's interested in going would please just post which date(s) works best for you on this thread, it would help me out a lot for planning.

Also, I'm thinking since we have people coming from Minnesota that Wisconsin Dells would be the best location. I know that Milwaukee received the most votes, but that would be a bit long for the people coming from further away. Does Wisconsin Dells work for everyone? Let me know what you think.

Quick Reply: Wisconsin HHR Get-Together