Plasti-Dip/Plasti-Dipping A sub-forum for the discussion of Plasti-Dip and its various uses.

Flexi-dip?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 07:10 PM

Flexi-dip?

Rustoleum has an "off brand" Plasti-dip called "Flexi-dip". Has anyone used this? How does it compare to Plasti-dip brand?
Old 07-18-2014, 08:00 PM
Platinum Member

I saw some at our local Home depot - and it was quite cheap compared to the price here for Plasti-dip spray - we pay $18 a can here for plasti-dip!!!! The rustoleum comes in a nice dark grey here too.

I'm waiting to see what kind of feedback on the flexi-dip too.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:21 PM

I have a couple ideas. If no one's tried it I might buy a can of each and test em.
Old 07-24-2014, 09:42 PM

My gf's cousin used flexi-dip on his Challenger to black out the wheels & various other pieces. He said he feels it covers better than plasti-dip & he also said he liked the texture better. I haven't tried it yet, but Rustoleum makes good stuff, and it seems to be a quality option for less $. I've also noticed they stock it in colors, to where as the plasti-dip is only available in black, white & grey @ my local hardware stores.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:58 PM

Plasti dip has many more colors. Go to Dipyourcar.com and check out the options. Going to do my HHR and motorcycle when I get some time.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by redridehhr
Plasti dip has many more colors. Go to Dipyourcar.com and check out the options. Going to do my HHR and motorcycle when I get some time.
I think what he was saying is that at his local hardware, Plasti-dip only has black, white, and grey, whereas they they have a number of colors in the Flexi-dip. And why pay more per can PLUS shipping, just so you can get the same color. Especially if the Flexi-dip is an equal or superior product.

I think i'm going to get a can of each and compare them next payday.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by redridehhr
Oh yeah, I am a member there too so I can get points with purchases. I can only get a few colors locally, so I have to order others from their site. Be sure to post up pic's when you do!

Originally Posted by Frenchy42
I think what he was saying is that at his local hardware, Plasti-dip only has black, white, and grey, whereas they they have a number of colors in the Flexi-dip.
Exactly.