Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Water spots in rear bowtie

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 12:10 PM

Water spots in rear bowtie

I remember some peeps saying that their bowties looked blotchy etc from water seeping in....warranty repair and if so a pretty easy fix?

My rear "tie" has 2 dull looking spots on the edges which looks like water seepage...I was hoping that I'd see it in the front also as that bowtie has some knarly scratches on it...but alas nothing

Goose
Old 04-07-2008, 02:52 PM

I had it happen as well on my black 06 hhr. I never approached my dealership for it to be covered -- although Im sure it is -- because I was planning on colour matching it shortly after.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:46 PM
Founding Member

Goose,

It is covered by warranty.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:57 PM

I had same thing the dealer repair it 1/2 hr cover by warranty
Old 04-09-2008, 12:13 PM

Just had my front and back bowties replaced under warranty. They looked like they were full of water. Only took like 15 minutes, and didn't cost a dime.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:27 PM

Saw this posted in another thread. Rather than going to the dealer and constantly replacing the bowties, I opted to just paint the rear one flat black. The front is ok so far but if it bubbles, I'll black it out too. At least it matches the floorboards, mudflaps, etc.
Old 04-09-2008, 10:10 PM

Painted both front and rear bow ties. Todd/Uma painted the grill actually.

Lotte is looking pretty happy...
curtsy
Elle'
Old 04-11-2008, 11:09 PM

I just noticed that mine have the same issue. Well, I had her in before my warranty expired for a list of 13 things. One thing they claimed to have fixed on Wednesday was the "POP! Goes the radio" issue but guess what it happened again. I think I'll try to get my bowties replaced too (even though I'm officially out of warranty now) since they obviously didn't fix something they claimed to have done.

Oh and for those that had them replaced, does it just happen again??
Old 04-12-2008, 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Violet_HHR
I just noticed that mine have the same issue. Well, I had her in before my warranty expired for a list of 13 things. One thing they claimed to have fixed on Wednesday was the "POP! Goes the radio" issue but guess what it happened again. I think I'll try to get my bowties replaced too (even though I'm officially out of warranty now) since they obviously didn't fix something they claimed to have done.

Oh and for those that had them replaced, does it just happen again??

I can only speak from my experience. Had the back one replaced around a year ago and YES it does happen again, Looked at it yesterday and it has the water spots again so back it goes to the dealer, I may try and talk the dealer into replacing both and painting them so I dont have to bring it back again..
Old 04-12-2008, 06:31 PM

my 06 had that flaw when I bought it used...it still had a warranty...but I didnt do anything about it.

It isnt so much 'water spots' as it is 'lifting/air bubbles' around the top edge.

I'm not worried though...it isnt so bad that I would have risked letting a dealer touch my car. It was a used car...and it has its flaws.

Quick Reply: Water spots in rear bowtie