Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Power Lock Fuse 26 "Blows"

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 07:53 AM

Update: I finally got back to this issue and put the fuse back in to get ready... Thought I would try just unlocking the driver's door (with remote) to see if the fuse still held. It did fine. It was slow to move, but it didn't blow the fuse! I then went for unlocking the remaining (3) doors to see how that went and the fuse still held. Figures, they were all slow but worked. Got to love it when the symptom/problem changes! The fuse would already blow by now... So, I manually locked them a couple more times and unlocked them with remote again to be sure. I think they got less sporadic as I went.

Then, the big test, locking would latch them all at once. Yep, it blew the fuse! Starting to think I had imagined the whole problem at this point... Before, it would blow the fuse doing just about anything. Now, not the same thing.

So, after rethinking this one, it must be the increased current needed to get these dragging locks (especially all 4 at once) to move that blows the fuse rather than an actual short somewhere.

That is better news and I found the thread about changing the little DC Motors inside the actuator:

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/how-...ts-pics-45839/

So, will not make this thread any longer!

Thanks everybody for previous inputs/assist!

Last edited by MidgetHurse-LT; 01-25-2015 at 08:00 AM. Reason: added link.
Old 01-25-2015, 08:26 AM
Technical Moderator

Sounds like the mechanisms are binding, not necessarily the motors.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:24 AM

Yep, could be a little... The one I took out so far was still slow when totally detached though.

I'm just going to do a total "rebuild" of each of them anyway at this point. Replacing the motors and and total cleaning and re-greasing so I don't have to think about it for a while.

Luckily we're at a point we have 2 cars and a bike and can get away with having just one car. Before things change, I want to go through each vehicle and get caught up for once. Wish me luck on that one!