Problems/Service/Repairs If you have a problem with your HHR, want a tip on repairing or performing a particular service to you HHR here is the place to post!

Remote Control Not Working....

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by an08HHR
Sounds like the typical bad solder connection inside the remote. Here is a thd on how to repair. https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/how-tutorial-library-21/keyfob-cold-solder-repair-22641/ Now I also believe it is covered under the 3-36yr warranty and if that applies to you, take both your remotes to the dealer.
Originally Posted by Greybeard999
Maybe, Eric, sounds like there was a problem with those solder joints.... they shouldn't break at all if properly manufactured.

Here's the link to the switch contact repair thread...... Switch repair

One or the other should fix your remote, goetylsd......
Thanks, guys. Hopefully it's one of these problems. I will try and figure it out and let you guys know what I find. A new remote is pretty expensive, isn't it? Does anyone know about how much a new remote costs?

Thanks,
Tyler
Old 09-04-2010, 01:04 PM

Not sure how much they cost but even if you got one cheap it has to be programmed for the car so the dealer or a locksmith will be involved...... You may want to start at the dealer and see if they can dig out an extra and program it for reasonable $$$

Check the other two repairs first though...... other than broken solder or worn contacts there's not much that will go wrong and show an intermittent function.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:13 PM

mine was a solder joint. 5 min with the solder gun and she works perfect.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:20 PM

I kinda like having the one not working. (Both keys hang by the door, so I grab either set...) If I take the one that doesn't work, I like to look around (when there's people around) kinda cover the door with my body and look like I'm fidgeting with the handle (while I'm really unlocking the door). Then when the horn goes off, I look around, quickly get in and drive away.

Yes....I'm odd...
Old 09-04-2010, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by CrazyCarKid
I kinda like having the one not working. (Both keys hang by the door, so I grab either set...) If I take the one that doesn't work, I like to look around (when there's people around) kinda cover the door with my body and look like I'm fidgeting with the handle (while I'm really unlocking the door). Then when the horn goes off, I look around, quickly get in and drive away.

Yes....I'm odd...
Haha, that's funny!! Just as long as no one calls the cops on you!! I bet you get some pretty weird looks...
Old 09-04-2010, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by goetylsd
Haha, that's funny!! Just as long as no one calls the cops on you!! I bet you get some pretty weird looks...
Oh yeah, I get some looks. Pretty funny at school...not the nicest area so it could really happen...
Old 09-04-2010, 07:49 PM

Soldered mine tonight. (it's been broken for 6 months) Spent $ 15 at Radio Shack and went to town. Then saw the write up.

It works, I'm happy.
Now I'm looking around the house for other things to solder. This was kind of fun!

Jim
Old 09-06-2010, 12:49 PM

remote not working

Hi,I hope someone can help me solve my problem.I had the driver's door replaced and now both remotes don't work (can't lock nor unlock the doors)I also noticed that the tire pressures aren't showing anymore on the panel,all the fuses are ok.Any suggestions?Thanks
Old 09-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Technical Moderator

Originally Posted by luisan
Hi,I hope someone can help me solve my problem.I had the driver's door replaced and now both remotes don't work (can't lock nor unlock the doors)I also noticed that the tire pressures aren't showing anymore on the panel,all the fuses are ok.Any suggestions?Thanks
I hope this was an insurance replacement. The RCDLR (remote control door lock receiver) is not working. It controls the door locks and the TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system). It lives under the bump on the headliner next to the rearview mirror. Sounds like Mr. Goodwrench needs to be involved, if it was an insurance claim they should pay.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:20 PM

I Think I would go ahead and try the battery. I have had the remotes mess up like that and all it needed was a battery for a few bucks. BTW am I reading right you have a 2007 with 117,000 miles? good luck.

Quick Reply: Remote Control Not Working....