Chevy HHR Network Forums
Search

Welcome to the Chevy HHR Network forums. The Chevy HHR Network is the leading resource for Chevy HHR owners.
You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Register Forgot Password?

Brakes | Suspension | Shocks | Struts Brakes,Springs, Shocks,Front End Components & Steering
Sponsored by Ultrarev
Click Here

submit to reddit

Old 08-08-2010, 05:19 PM   #1
55f250

Member #: 18417
Check out my gallery 
Unhappy 2006 HHR lower control arm/ball joint

Well it all started when I thought it would be simple, needed to replace ball joints on lower control arms, guy at parts store said Colbalt ball joints will work, I said give me two. Got car home, jacked it up, pulled tire, looked, remove bolt that goes through spindle to hold ball joint in place, pry down, control arm, won't come down far enough to come out of spindle. Unbolt strut,brake caliper and move out of the way, got ball joint out of spindle. See that ball joint is riveted to control arm, remove control arm from car, drill out rivets, dry fit replacement ball joint, bolts bigger than hole, drill out hole, put bolts through ball joint through control arm, guess what? Bolts too short. By now I have realized that it would have been easier to have just changed the control arm.
55f250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:49 PM   #2
Black Rose

Member #: 1770
Check out my gallery 
When the ball joint went on my 2006 HHR, they replaced the whole lower control arm assembly (the bushings were also gone).

I bought the extended warranty, so it only cost me the $100 deductible to get that and other front end work done.
Black Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:49 PM

submit to reddit