2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

ZZP FULL INTAKE, bring 'em out.

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 10:37 AM

ZZP proto FULL INTAKE, bring 'em out.

It's clear I support this company, but I also enjoy the community to share a little something .

These are images of a PROTOTYPE, aka there will be a different production filter and the pipe will be coated with what I'll assume be their black wrinkle !

I fully stand by the last line in my signature.

Last edited by Joe Schulte; 02-22-2012 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:17 AM

Note, I say a week or two for release. Really close.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:33 AM
Premium Member

How does it work for you??
Old 02-22-2012, 11:38 AM

I like that they are trying to get the breather cone as close to fresh air as possible. Wonder if someone will fab one that pulls from the stock location, yet is a more direct route with high cfms.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:42 AM

Good looking intake any price of what it going to cost?
Old 02-22-2012, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by SS fan
How does it work for you??
Improvement over my Dejon for a few reasons, clearly it's securely mounted and made for the HHR, I consider the Dejon a piece of pipe with a MAF bung. Nothing special.

Also the ZZP unit puts the filter outwards away from the engine, where the Dejon places the filter directly on top of the intake manifold.

Coupled with the silicone elbow off of the turbo I imagine a healthy gain they will share dismissing some debate on the intake tube itself in a prior discussion.

Originally Posted by JeramieJJ
I like that they are trying to get the breather cone as close to fresh air as possible. Wonder if someone will fab one that pulls from the stock location, yet is a more direct route with high cfms.
Honestly if interested in the stock location, I'd imagine the stock box with a K&N and the upgraded intake tube off the turbo replaced would produce the best results if you're looking to maintain stock location. However that box covering my engine was the first thing I had to lose, aesthetically it drove me insane.

Originally Posted by RobSSTurbo
Good looking intake any price of what it going to cost?
I will look into this and produce a ballpark price. Still putting the final touch on it, and will be a complete air intake kit unlike the Dejon offerings.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:31 PM

Man, this is exactly what I've been envisioning since Dejon released the SRI, I just don't have the means to make something like this. Too bad shipping alone would kill me now. But if I have some spare cash, and they do a group buy that would help offset some of my shipping (or if they ship to APO, dodging ridiculous int'l charges), I just might have to get one of these bad boys!
Old 02-22-2012, 01:04 PM

I'll be damned...

I like the design of this a whole lot better....It's about time a compeny came out with something ment for our cars

BTW....where did you move your catch can to Joe?
Old 02-22-2012, 01:18 PM

Amazingly there is another red HHR SS in this area, the photo's shown are of his.

Not being an *******, but my engine is a little bit cleaner as I have it stored for "winter" (well I've had it out quite a bit considering). The catch can location is easily worked out. I believe there is room for them to co-exist.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:43 PM

Looks nice.

Quick Reply: ZZP FULL INTAKE, bring 'em out.