2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Cant get a stage 1 kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 03:12 PM

Cant get a stage 1 kit

I had one ordered from the Chevy dealer in our automall and it went on backorder.I called GM this morning and they told me it will not be available until July-August. This is why I quit GM a month ago and joined our Acura store. I did GM for 23 years but they are in dire straits and parts availablity has been awful. I ran the parts dept for that time and gave up on them. I am fed up as I was excited to get this.....mainly because I was getting it at cost + 10% plus free installation. Someone on here said there was a dealer in P selling it for $500.00. Anyone know what dealer? $500 is cost + 10%.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:16 PM

Have the dealer reorder or just place the order. The packaging firm is filling orders on a daily basis and does not have any back orders, but they are not building stock either. They are just filling orders. So.. the system will not show any stock and each order is a back order. Have the dealer place the order it and it will arrive very shortly afterward.

Last edited by More_Torque_More_HP; 05-12-2009 at 05:52 AM.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:46 AM

I just placed another order(since I am still a part of the Chevy store in a way)and just made what us dealers call a S.P.A.C. case(when a part is on B.O.) and it says scheduled ship date is July 6th. These are on backorder......since I worked for GM,this does not surprise me......
Old 05-12-2009, 05:51 AM

I am talking to the packager daily and they are filling orders and shipping daily with no back orders at the end of the day. So the orders should be shipped with-in a day or two. When they run out of parts that is a different story. It is reported in the papers that suppliers are shipping on a cash only basis or holding off until after June 1st to see if GM files Bankruptcy. Since if the ship now on net 30 days there is not a garantee that the will be paid. Just runors, no facts.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:58 AM

Do you work in a GM warehouse? You sound like you do. There are aother dealers in the area that have them on order and cant get them. Like I said,when I called GMSPO,they told me July. I fear that when GM files,these will not be available for sure. I need to go faster...............lol......
Old 05-12-2009, 10:04 AM

It it does happen.......then those of us who have the kit will be rare.

And will reopen the door to the aftermarket world to fulfill the needs of those who need to go faster.
Old 05-13-2009, 09:17 AM

It will become available in the aftermarket soon enough, if you don't care about the warranty. The Bosch sensors are readily available, and the tune at this point is no secret. For me the $500+ value was getting a 30HP bump and remaining under factory warranty. Not everyone will feel the same way, but mine's a daily driver.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:46 PM

More_Torque_More_HP is a gm rep that is on the forum. Here is his background.

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-0l-performance-tech-46/gm-performance-parts-turbo-upgrade-kit-19891/
Old 05-16-2009, 10:39 AM

Stage 1 Kits--Current Availability

I've been reading everything I can about the Stage 1 Kits and went down last week to my local dealer to order one. I preferred to buy it locally and he was willing to match the $550 price I found on the Internet. I ordered it May 6th and on May 12th his screen showed it had shipped the day I had ordered it. Since it should have arrived within a week I checked again the following day. Now his tracking screen says "backordered" with an expected ship date of July 6. My parts guy then called several GM dealers that showed they had them in stock, but no one would give theirs up--probably because of the uncertainty of dealerships closing and not being able to get any new kits for awhile as the suppliers wait to see if GM declares bankruptcy.

I checked with Crateenginedepot.com and Tom told me they had about 70 in stock. Went to my dealer, cancelled the order and got a refund, called Tom back, and now have a tracking number after he shipped it the same day (Thursday, May 14th). Total cost was $562.95 including (no) tax and shipping.

I'm still going to use my local dealer (Gordon Chevrolet in Tampa) for the install. Their service writer said she would give me a flat rate of 1.2 hours labor. I would have liked to buy the part from them too, but they realized I didn't want to wait two months.

I really liked doing business with Tom at Crateenginedepot. He did everything he said he would do. GMPartsdirect is out of them, but (probably as a result of no stock) have lowered their shipping and handling from $96 to "only" $93.

Soon there will be another "red flash" at sunset here in Florida!
Old 05-16-2009, 12:03 PM

Oops--should have said that GMPartsDirect's shipping is "only" $63 now that they are out of stock. That's a lot of shipping and handling for a one pound package!

Quick Reply: Cant get a stage 1 kit