2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Exhaust sagging

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 06:35 PM

Exhaust sagging

So my car was parked across the street, and from my house I could see something sticking out below the car, appearing something like a pan or tank near the front of the rear wheel. When I got out there I looked underneath the car to find that my exhaust is hanging down. It doesn't seem normal and I don't recall seeing it before or on anyone else's profile pics of their SS's, so I assume something is wrong. There is an indention under the car where it appears the exhaust is supposed to reside, so I guess tomorrow I will have to take it in to the dealer to get checked out and see if a hangar broke or what.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by damronjr
So my car was parked across the street, and from my house I could see something sticking out below the car, appearing something like a pan or tank near the front of the rear wheel. When I got out there I looked underneath the car to find that my exhaust is hanging down. It doesn't seem normal and I don't recall seeing it before or on anyone else's profile pics of their SS's, so I assume something is wrong. There is an indention under the car where it appears the exhaust is supposed to reside, so I guess tomorrow I will have to take it in to the dealer to get checked out and see if a hangar broke or what.
Sounds like you just broke a doughnut, if it isn't under warranty, any reputable muffler shop will have you in an out under 20.00 and 10 minutes.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:44 PM

haven't had it happen to the ss but i have had it happen to other vehicles. the hanger probably just came out from the rubber mount. it's a quick easy fix.

Originally Posted by damronjr
Old 07-03-2009, 06:41 PM

So they said it was normal, said they looked at another SS and it was the same. If anyone with a SS has the time, take a low profile pic of your SS from the drivers side. Mine is hanging down below the car just in front of the rear wheel on the drivers side. I noticed it from across the street, up close it is not noticeable. If I had a jack I would lift it up and look at it myself.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:56 PM

Noticed this also, wasn't too concerned as its not hitting anything..figured I'd tuck it up when I get the duals on.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by IgottaWoody
Noticed this also, wasn't too concerned as its not hitting anything..figured I'd tuck it up when I get the duals on.
Maybe it is normal then and I just never noticed it before?!?
Old 07-04-2009, 09:16 AM

Yeah, you have to stand back a bit to see it..but who likes to get THAT far away from it!
And you tend to admire the body lines and not look underneath at the shadows.
Old 07-04-2009, 10:00 AM

I found that the bayonet support on the pipe bend near the back axle came out of the rubber donut on mine. Took more time to get under the car to slide it back in than the repair itself. It wasn't worth the time to take it to the dealer in my particular case.

Old 07-04-2009, 11:00 AM

My Wife keeps complaining about my "exhaust sagging!" I tell her, What do you expect?, I'm almost 76!!
Old 07-04-2009, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Alzonie
My Wife keeps complaining about my "exhaust sagging!" I tell her, What do you expect?, I'm almost 76!!
Too much information....LOL

Cajun / Al

Quick Reply: Exhaust sagging