2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Hahn, Dejon, or ZZP. Whats the best

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 10:49 AM

Hahn, Dejon, or ZZP. Whats the best

Looking into gettin a bigger intercooler and all new IC piping. Would like to know what is the best for the money. Also will i need a tune? Please give me ANY feedback on any of the systems listed or even ones that are not listed....Thanks!
Old 10-04-2011, 11:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Do NOT go with Hahn, over priced/over rated.... Charge pipes are just plain mild steel powdercoated, exhaust flanges are just mild steel, End tanks on their intercoolers have blowen many times as shown around forums (Talk to Nick @ BYT), their intakes are mild steel powder coated.

I am not sure but Turbo XS Cobalt items may be a close fit for your HHR... Very good value, very good price.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:33 PM

hahn is overpriced and prone to cracking endtanks. dejon is ok from what i hear. zzp has some of the best stuff out there. the zzp is the largest volume of all the ic's but may have less surface area than others. of all the pipes they are all pretty much the same aside from some are aluminum while others are steel. im personally not a fan of zzp retaining the factory couplers (or if upgrading to their silicone couplers they are the same as the stock ones, just silicone instead of rubber....in other words i don't like the long coupler id rather it be metal) but to each his own. treadstone makes really nice ic's however i can tell you that their tr10 does not fit without modification......the tr8 might but i don't know first hand. most parts for the cobalt ss turbo model will fit the hhr.....the ic is a little different cause the cobalt and hhr use a different radiator

as for a tune...i recommend hp tuners...and buying hp tuners whether you are doing the tuning or having someone else do it so you can have the software to take the tune off or whatever you want to do with it. obviously this is more expensive...hptuners is 500 plus to have someone tune you ranges from about 200-300.

trifecta is your other option which is a little less expensive but i wanted to learn to tune so i bought the hptuners. a quick look on cobaltss.net and you will see who is who in tuners for the lnf
Old 10-04-2011, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
Do NOT go with Hahn, over priced/over rated.... Charge pipes are just plain mild steel powdercoated, exhaust flanges are just mild steel, End tanks on their intercoolers have blowen many times as shown around forums (Talk to Nick @ BYT), their intakes are mild steel powder coated.

I am not sure but Turbo XS Cobalt items may be a close fit for your HHR... Very good value, very good price.
chevycobaltss3 blew the endtanks 6 times on his hahn ic and just recently went with the zzp...............he isn't exactly easy on his car though but still...
Old 10-04-2011, 12:58 PM

ZZP
Old 10-04-2011, 04:13 PM

Zzp intercooler and hptuners is what I run. No problems here!!!
Old 10-04-2011, 08:06 PM

Ok after a couple hours of research I've decided that dejon pipes are what I'm goin to get and connect them to a zzp intercooler. I would go for the zzp ic and piping kit if they did not have those dopey rubber pipes instead of something more solid.....but mabe that's y its only 750$.

RobSS...what did u have to do to install a bov without issues? Of course I'm assuming u have not had any issues. Going to order within the next couple days and I am contemplating on whether or not to get the upper pipe with bov and maf relocation.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:16 PM

ZZP Intercooler, C.I.A Boost pipes I think are better.

http://www.clearimageautomotive.com/
Old 10-04-2011, 08:41 PM

I still have the stock cooler, but CIA hot and cold side have been on for over 2 years, there's a picture of the piping in my gallery, Great product
Old 10-04-2011, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by XtremeSS
Ok after a couple hours of research I've decided that dejon pipes are what I'm goin to get and connect them to a zzp intercooler. I would go for the zzp ic and piping kit if they did not have those dopey rubber pipes instead of something more solid.....but mabe that's y its only 750$.

RobSS...what did u have to do to install a bov without issues? Of course I'm assuming u have not had any issues. Going to order within the next couple days and I am contemplating on whether or not to get the upper pipe with bov and maf relocation.
Blocked off the stock bpv and run the stock vac hose to new bov. I haven't had any issues with it.

Quick Reply: Hahn, Dejon, or ZZP. Whats the best