2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Hahn InterCooler and Charge Pipes Installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 08:19 PM

Hahn InterCooler and Charge Pipes Installed

Just spent a few hours today installing the Hahn IC and charge pipes. It was a nice easy installation, and I did it without following any instructions. Somebody mentioned it was easier with a couple of people helping, but I think you would just get in each other's way personally. It was more difficult to get the old plumbing out than it is to install the new Hahn pipes. A few notes: *Pay attention to which way all the clamps are oriented so there is easy access to tighten them (including AFTER all the body work and radiator are back in place). *It is not necessary to remove the airbox. *In order to get access, you will need to unbolt the top radiator mounts, then lift the radiator/condensor assembly and tilt it forward, and you should first remove the hood latch mechanism, (being careful to mark the outline of the location so you won't need to re-adjust)*My clearance to the coolant recovery tank was a bit tight, so I ended up using a shorter hose fitting, it is likely a matter of adjustment on all the pipes, but my point is to check that to make sure you don't kink the boost pressure sensor hose.

Last edited by c2vette; 01-20-2009 at 08:29 PM. Reason: added tip
Old 01-17-2009, 08:22 PM

Man that looks so much nicer, nice job!
Old 01-18-2009, 10:54 AM

Nice.... thanks for the pictures. I will probably do that in the spring/summer after the stage install. Let us know your thoughts.

You haven't done a stage install?
Old 01-18-2009, 11:17 AM

Looks good, Any changes in performance?
Old 01-18-2009, 11:51 AM
Former Sponsor

That is awesome, nice setup.

For others that are interested we carry all the Hahn parts at www.TurboTechRacing.com if we dont have something listed that you would like please PM us, we will hook you up.
Old 01-18-2009, 01:13 PM

Thanks for sharing the photos and tips c2. Looking forward to your post-install performance comments.
Old 01-18-2009, 03:48 PM

Just got back from a trip to town, and the system works well.

Before installing it, I was thinking the extra volume of the IC might cause some loss in throttle response, however that is not the case. The part and full throttle response is actually better, my guess is that the much improved charge piping more than makes up for any lag due to greater volume.

The intercooler itself works just like the dyno testing shows, meaning more consistent back to back runs. Previously I noticed that if I did several acceleration runs, by the 3rd run it was no longer spinning the tires in 2nd, but now the third time is just like the first run (same amount of tire spin in 2nd).

I would highly recommend the Charge Piping even if you aren't ready to swing for the IC (or don't want the extra weight out front). The cross section is round all the way through, with no weird flats, kinks and section changes like the stock system has, that combined with the stiff thin wall steel construction means better power and noticeable improvement in throttle response.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:50 PM

I can't wiat to see how Bill Hahn is going to do all of the routing and such on my 2.4!
Old 01-18-2009, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by GDZHHR
I can't wiat to see how Bill Hahn is going to do all of the routing and such on my 2.4!
routing for???????????
Old 01-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Banned

Very nice. Looks awesome. Im about to order the Dejon pipes and i think their intercooler as well and a HKS BOV. It should be a fun install..

Quick Reply: Hahn InterCooler and Charge Pipes Installed