2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

I couldnt believe this!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 11:11 PM

I couldnt believe this!!!!

as you all have experienced... the Turbo upgrade kit price is based totally different on where you go, where u live, who u know! well i had to take my hhr to have tire monitor relearned and just asked parts counter whats price for upgrade kit.. after 10 minutes of searching said "$740" !!! WHAT!!! i already knew gmdirect was $650.. and read that night before that enginecratedepot.com had it for $465 special... i asked "can u price match?" he said the "650" yes but couldnt match another gm site a friend deals with for "$475"... but anywho... so i bought the $465 one...

So i have a kit.. now i need dealer to install (being mechanic and knowing this is a simple task but cant reflash obviously) make 4 phone calls to local dealers.. one being the one i bought my car from.... SO THEY wanted $740 for the PARTS ALONE.. i talked to service manager to see best tech for job.. MANAGER SAYS " we no longer install due to abuse to vehicle" well you seem to rape customers with a $740 parts charge for not installing! hahaha he said the kits are awesome but careless people are trying to warranty careless mistakes! ha ha... well another dealer didnt have a clue he kept putting me on hold and when he did talk said "is it gm part" "we dont do aftermarket" haha i said the part number as fast as he did... and then its "WELL that is for the COLBALT SS only not your HHR!" ... haha dude its all the same!

well other dealer said 300 bucks flashed and installed but have to wait till monday (today being thursday i cant wait hahahaha)... so place today quoted me at 312 total... ended up being 260!

i sorta got off track... i just cant believe my own dealer i bought car from will sell me it OVER PRICED then REFUSES TO INSTALL a GM TESTED, MADE AND WARRANTIED ADD ON!!!! ISNT THAT BULL? made no sense to me... i think he just didnt want to admit he didnt know of the part

haha but its on.. with parts and labor $725 (haha even installed it beat my dealers "parts only" price! FTW!!! hahaha
Old 04-02-2010, 05:40 AM

Dealers are all independent agents and can do thinks like this if they want. That is why you can shop around and get a better price else where.

The first dealer I talked to to buy a SS gave me a $25K price and told me I could not do better. Well I did a few thousand better at another dealer.

It is not just GM most MFG have this kind of action going on and many people don't know enough to shop around. You would be amazed how many in this day and age of internet go in a and pay sticker price with the rebate only and think they got a good deal.

It is a buyer beware world.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:32 PM

How much did you buy your ss for? I bought mine for 24k during the red tag sale, last year . Plus tip. How is the upgrade? I am trying to decide if I want the fm one, or the 320hp upgrade from Hahn performance. About dame price , but I herd that the gm one only has a 36k mile waranty, and not the 5year 100k mile dilrivetrain waranty? If that true, I think I'll get the Hahn upgrade. I figure the gm tune is on the safe side, who knows how good the clutch it, and the tranny, and the axles ... But 320 hp put of a 2.0 would be cool as hell !I love this car, just wish it was rwd
Old 04-03-2010, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by captain freedom
How much did you buy your ss for? I bought mine for 24k during the red tag sale, last year . Plus tip. How is the upgrade? I am trying to decide if I want the fm one, or the 320hp upgrade from Hahn performance. About dame price , but I herd that the gm one only has a 36k mile waranty, and not the 5year 100k mile dilrivetrain waranty? If that true, I think I'll get the Hahn upgrade. I figure the gm tune is on the safe side, who knows how good the clutch it, and the tranny, and the axles ... But 320 hp put of a 2.0 would be cool as hell !I love this car, just wish it was rwd
The GM is as stated 5 year 100,000 mile warranty. While others may make more power the GM one is the safest one out as they will back it up.

I have no idea where the no warranty and 3 year 36,000 warranty ideas keep coming from.

The aftermarket kits are fine if you want more power and don't care about the warranty. Just you need to accept the responsibility for anything that may break and not get upset about how much it may cost. Speed has a price and you just have to accept it.

It is just good to have options to choose either one.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:20 PM

3 yr 36,000 mile? isnt that ford? .. so far so good on this upgrade kit... i fear destroying the trans and am paranoid if the tech they had installed it right seeings i heard so many "intimidating fright stories" on here since joining.. but if hahn is making a 320 hp kit... this gm 290 hp kit shouldnt have me worried as much... as for the tech work... i can see the top tmap not the lower one of coarse hahaha so i pray he trimed the BOSS off like the instructions i HIGHLIGHTED said too hahaha oh yeah by the way good idea HIGHLIGHT IMPORTANT KEY PARTS TO INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDING FLASH PIN NUMBER HAHAHA MORE HIGHLIGHTS THE MORE THEY Will hopefully realize is a important part hahaha especially if you just skim it and miss the parts that say "IF THIS PART IS FOR SS HHR please do this... blah blah blah... MAKE SURE HE see's the BLAH BLAH BLAH's haha

well im bout to let the girlfriend drive it since the kit has been installed (she drove to dealer and at dealer lot before i bought car... see what she thinks now with more torque and hp ) haha
Old 04-03-2010, 09:22 PM

The 3 year 36000 mile warranty is for other things that could go wrong with the car. Sunroof quits opening/closing, one door needs a new power lock motor and things like that. The 100k warranty is powertrain only
Old 04-03-2010, 10:03 PM

GMPP Turbo Upgrade becomes part of the powertrain warrantee duration... 5yr/100mi
Old 04-05-2010, 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by xonelife1983x
as you all have experienced... the Turbo upgrade kit price is based totally different on where you go, where u live, who u know! well i had to take my hhr to have tire monitor relearned and just asked parts counter whats price for upgrade kit.. after 10 minutes of searching said "$740" !!! WHAT!!! i already knew gmdirect was $650.. and read that night before that enginecratedepot.com had it for $465 special... i asked "can u price match?" he said the "650" yes but couldnt match another gm site a friend deals with for "$475"... but anywho... so i bought the $465 one...
The $740 sounds like they were quoting you the wrong stage kit. The Turbo Upgrade Kit part number 19212670 has a list price of $650. The Stage 2 cobalt Supercharger kit has a list price of around $740.
Old 04-05-2010, 10:33 AM

I got mine from CED for $465 but they appear on eBay periodically from $385 to $435 to $465 to $525. I asked the dealer to price match and their cost was just under $460 so I don't know where these cheaper kits are coming from unless there is some volume discounts.

I called one dealer for the installation and they said they would only install it if they sold it to me. Check. There are still plenty of other dealers around there. Depending on the installation price I might still just do it myself.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:15 PM

Haha.

Quick Reply: I couldnt believe this!!!!