2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

New HHR SS owner with upgrade question.

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 07:40 AM

New HHR SS owner with upgrade question.

I just bought a slightly used 08 HHR SS. I got the dealer to throw in the stage 1 kit for free. I like the dealer though so I'm trying to find all the info I can before the install to make their job easier. I've searched through the threads but their appears to be a lot of info. What do I need to give to the dealer to make their jobs easier, and what is just extra info.

I guess I should say that I am sure this is their first install. I had to show them that the kit was actually available.

Thanks.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:57 AM
Founding Member

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-0l-performance-tech-46/tips-give-dealer-first-time-stage2-install-20533/
Old 01-23-2009, 08:16 AM

Lars on Live!
I think you will love your new SS and good negotiating getting the dealer to throw in the stage 1! I believe the link ChevyMgr gave you has what you need, but if they threw it in, no worries if they take a little longer to do the install. I am sure they appreciate the info though.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:25 AM

Thanks

thanks for the link chevymgr.

esmarkey how did you black out your bow-tie. I've been thinking about doing the same.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:34 AM

It is a decal that goes over the gold. I got mine off of eBay, I beleive the vendor was flaming decals. If you have a different color car, there are differemt color decals as well. I would also suggest thinking about doing the same to the SS emblems... Unless you like the white?

Before:

After:
Old 01-23-2009, 11:40 AM
Banned

Yup i got a black SS and put red overlays on the ss badges and made the bowties black
Old 01-23-2009, 03:48 PM

if you get a little spare vinyl from a sign shop you can do them pretty easily, takes about 10 minutes to form the vinyl all the way around the bowtie and then trim it out with an exacto knife.

I see you're down in Indy, i'm in Lafayette, if we get an hhr meetup together down there once it gets warm I could do it for you easily. The ones you get on ebay are nice but they usually leave the edge gold because of the complex curves. I'll wrap the entire thing.

Good deal getting the stage 1 thrown in, i would have loved to get an SS, but it didn't work out that way.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:51 PM

Thanks for all the help

I went to the dealer this morning with the documents in hand for the install. 5 hours later they sent me home in a loaner. Still like the dealer, but it was their first one and they were going through a learning process. Wish the dealer was closer to home though. It's a 2 hour drive north and I got a bad feeling I'll be going back. Hopefully it'll be done by Monday.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:23 PM

to the best place for anything If you're interested, here's our annual G2G at Cedar Point in June:

https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/mid-east-28/cedar-point-iii-june-12-14-2009-a-20385/
Old 01-26-2009, 03:39 PM

Just got my car back.

All I can say is wow. I expected to only tell the difference at highway speeds. I have the auto and expected them to limit first and second. I was rolling away from a stop light and spun the tires without intending to.

I really just have 2 questions for those who have had this done to make sure mine is acting like others who have had this done.

First I notice when I get off the gas I hear a chirping sound. I'm assuming it's the turbo pressure changing. Is this pretty common?

Second how can you all watch the boost to see if you are getting near 22 PSI. By the time I get near I'm going too fast to watch the boost gauge, and going too fast for any public road.

Quick Reply: New HHR SS owner with upgrade question.