2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

New Product @ TTR - Hahn Charge Tubes

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Exclamation New Product @ TTR - Hahn Charge Tubes

New Product @ Turbo Tech Racing

Hahn Racecraft Charge Air Piping System, for the HHR SS Turbo!

Link:
http://www.turbotechracing.com/produ...idProduct=5239

Old 01-04-2009, 07:23 PM

Got any installed pictures?
Old 01-04-2009, 08:32 PM

is there a block off plate for that blow off>
Old 01-04-2009, 08:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jeff®
Got any installed pictures?
Check out Hahn's website, they do :)
Old 01-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by camaro98z28
Yes we dont have it under the "HHR" yet, but if you look under the cobalt "forced induction" there is a OEM block off plate.
Old 01-09-2009, 06:15 PM
XXL

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
Yes we dont have it under the "HHR" yet, but if you look under the cobalt "forced induction" there is a OEM block off plate.
What are you planning to replace the stock BOV?

If you're referring to the hole in the IC pipe pic, that's for one of the MAP sensors and the boost pressure take-off.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by XXL
What are you planning to replace the stock BOV?

If you're referring to the hole in the IC pipe pic, that's for one of the MAP sensors and the boost pressure take-off.
I know that part but I thought someone said that they were making one with a place for a BOV. Don't want to have to fab crap up.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:29 PM
XXL

I know that part but I thought someone said that they were making one with a place for a BOV. Don't want to have to fab crap up.
Hahn has commented that he believes the Ecotec is finicky about such things, and so he's been going the recirculated route... and so his pipes don't have a provision for a BOV. However, there are a few people running BOVs (as best as I can tell, mostly Sol/Sky folks), who indicate their setups are working fine. Most of the ones I've seen have been fabbed (or at least commercially available pipes that have been modded) for the BOV. BTFR sells the "Shabby pipe" (actually well made... the name represents the name of the first guy who ordered the pipes). There are several common flange types, so you need to decide what BOV you're going to use prior to ordering.
Old 01-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Former Sponsor

IMO the best BOV is the Synapse one, look on www.TurboTechRacing.com under the cobalt you will see it. By far it is the best engineered BOV on the market.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:48 PM
XXL

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
New Product @ Turbo Tech Racing

Hahn Racecraft Charge Air Piping System, for the HHR SS Turbo!
FWIW, I strongly recommend that anyone buying this kit (or any other) get the t-bolt clamp upgrade. Standard clamps do not have as much hold power, they distribute their hold less evenly, and they are more prone to failure over time. Hahn (and I'm sure TTR) offers this upgrade... it's not cheap, but don't skimp here. You'll regret not having done so when you pop a hose off and you're in the middle of nowhere cursing a failed clamp. Also, though Hahn doesn't have one listed as an option with this kit, I recommend a spring-loaded t-bolt clamp at the turbo outlet hose. The K04 turbo doesn't have much of a lip on the outlet housing, and the hose gets pretty darned hot there. This combo can lead to the hose popping off over time as everything works its way loose. The spring-loaded t-bolt at this joint gives you a little extra insurance.

Note: old racer trick is to smear a very thin coat of RTV silicone (the gasket stuff) on the turbo housing outlet. Let it dry COMPLETELY. Then slip your silicone fitting from this kit onto the outlet. The silicone-to-silicone mating helps grip quite a bit.

Said spring-loaded t-bolt clamp--

Quick Reply: New Product @ TTR - Hahn Charge Tubes