2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Raptor Performance Shift Lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 09:22 PM

Raptor Performance Shift Lights

I will be posting pictures as soon as I get it wired up, but tonight I verified fitment of the original Raptor Performance shift light mounted inside the gauge pod right next to the boost gauge. It looks great, and very stealthy and stock in my opinion.

For those of you getting the Aeroforce guage, I should receive mine tomorrow, but I wanted to use a shift light for two reasons. First, I'm not 100% sure if I can change the rpm setpoint on the scanguage for different gears. Now I have a shift light for every gear (using the scanguage and the shift light) if I choose to change redline in first and second to 7K. Second, if a problem is going to happen, it's going to happen at the top of the rev range. I don't want to have to figure out whether the scanguage flashed at me because I need to shift or because my engine is going to blow up and I need to slow down.

The shift light itself is tiny. It's three inches long and 13/16 inch in diameter. You can mount it right behind the steering wheel on the steering column, inside the AC vent, etc. You can get the light and the housing in different colors to match your ride if you like. The second generation shift lights also have a launch feature such that the shift light comes on when you are between a certain RPM range. Those that rely on launch control, you can't launch at 4K on an unprepped surface and street tires like the stock launch control allows, and this will allow you to pick your RPM for your setup and do so without peering with a telescope at the tiny tach at a redlight.

Pictures coming soon. Bottom line? GET ONE!

Hey vendors, someone should stock these. Ooooh Aaannnddddyyyyy.....

**EDIT** I guess this could have been in a different forum since some of the guys with the non-SS do performance mods too. Moderators, please place this where it fits best.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:58 PM

How much $? Standing by to see photos.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:07 PM

I'll send you a PM with a link. I want to wait for daylight for pictures because the interior is so dim.

**EDIT**

I lied. Here are some crap cell phone pics, but at least you can see the fitment. It's NICE. If I didn't already have this one, I would have gotten one with a silver housing to put in this location so it matched the gauge better. I got the black because this used to be mounted in an air vent in my Sentra. It was a great conversation peice when starting up the car on a date. LOL!

Name:  raptor2.jpg
Views: 54
Size:  32.4 KB
Name:  raptor1.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  27.9 KB
Old 10-02-2008, 10:26 PM

That fits nicely. How hard is it to install?
Old 10-02-2008, 10:27 PM

interesting but on the Aeroforce you can set you limits to whatever you like.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by gcsd3742
interesting but on the Aeroforce you can set you limits to whatever you like.
I knew that, but can you do it by gear? In other words, if I want the limit to be 7K in first and second, but 6K in 3rd+?

Originally Posted by Chevy SS
That fits nicely. How hard is it to install?
I pulled off the pillar, marked exactly where I wanted the light to stick through, drilled the hole, sanded the edges, and wrapped the end of the light with a little electrical tape to make it fit nice and snug. The electrical tape is imperceptible. The included bracket was too big to screw it into the gauge pod, but the thing is so light that I just used double-stick tape on the inside. I still don't know where I'm gonna tap into tach signal because I don't wanna have to go through the firewall, but other than that the only wiring is power and ground. On the shift light you have to flip two switches according to the manual to set it up for the number of cylinders, then turn two little dials to change the setpoint in 100rpm increments. That's it.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:42 PM

I havent gotten that far but when you get your's installed maybe we can work together and figure it out...unless I get anxious and do it before then...But I doubt it. Getting it tuned on Sunday with the H/P Tuners program we'll see hwat it does after the tune.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:44 PM

Likewise. My aeroforce should be installed with my tune tomorrow night. Are you buying a tune or having someone local do it for you?
Old 10-02-2008, 10:54 PM

Local guy he's running a 207 cu. in. motor well half of it....414 cu. in. on steroids. and a 200 shot of NOS Flaco on www.performancetrucks.net he just got his 9 sec. run in at HRP last friday night.
http://www.performancetrucks.net/for...d.php?t=425764
http://www.performancetrucks.net/for...d.php?t=414920