2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

trifecta tuning on upgraded turbo

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by foolmoon_design
He hasn't DYNO'd yet, and 400 is pushing it. they don't make trans-axels that will handle over 400HP, for us yet.. 350-375 is more like it

yes he has dyno'd...... months ago actually. but he won't say what it put down. only info he's given is that it's flowing 46lb/min. your 350-375 power estimate would be his old tune on 93 octane. he's running an E blend now, so he's probably 390s. kind of sad & a waste of money, in my opinion, that you gotta run an E blend to get close to 400whp with that turbo.

who said anything about axles? anywho, last i checked DriveShaft Shop makes upgraded axles.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by mightymouse
does anyone have an upgraded turbo and using trifecta tune??? is it possible for vince to tune to a bigger turbo using the trifecta?
if you're going big turbo your best bet would be to find a really good tuner that used HPTuners. this way you don't have to email back and forth with Vince for weeks trying to get it right.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:20 AM

well i like the sound of 375hp on the 2871. in fact i have a good friend in alvin that might sell me one. anyhow,when i'm ready,i'm prepared to fly vince in to get it done right. seriously. i don't trust the E gas. each batch is different. i run 93 religously thanks for the info guys!!
Old 07-25-2011, 04:46 PM

my friends dyno comes 8-15-11
we are giong to pust it till it runs out of fuel or blows up so we will know soon
Old 07-25-2011, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by moonsign
Ladies....Ladies. You two are like a couple of chicks,trying to see who has the bigger boobs. It's not about who has the bigger Johnson, but how you use it.
All this talk of upwards of 400 H.P., is only good for the track[along with a extensive parts bill] and useless on the street, for a daily driver. If you can't hook the H.P. up on the street, then you're just blowing smoke, and 400 H.P. can't be hooked up on the street on a daily basis. So lets get real.
Also, this talk of HP being the better tune. With only a tune and nothing else, show me that HP is better than a Trifecta, NOT.
I do have to say you girls are rather amussing at times, with your cat fighting.
P.S. I do have my firesuit on, if you would like to comment. "Moon'

trifecta ia a general tune he does not have your car, a good tuner with hp tuners is a way better bet real time tuning will always be better
Old 07-25-2011, 05:28 PM

Well, being the deviate at times. I could'nt resist stiring the pot with you two. I like to try and twist up panties from time to time, just for drill. It's all in fun, to see if I can get a rise.
I have the Trifecta tune in, but did'nt data log, so not sure if I have torque reduction in 2nd gear. I know it light the tires up hard at times. I'm also a auto.
Got a few more things to do, then I'll get with Vince, and maybe re-tune.
I've seriously got about as much power as I can use on the street, and the mods I've planned are mostly for longiveity[such as intercooler-charge piping].
Going with 245x40x18 Nitto tires before long, so that will help on the traction.
My track time will mostly be autocross, with a 1/4 mile blast for fun, once in awhile. My SS is surprisingly quick on the autocross course, even being a auto.
One thing I'm looking into is the beefer hubs for the SS, so I don't snap one off on the turns. Sucker corners so hard, I'm going to put a harness in it, so I can stay planted in the seat better. That 1 1/4" rear bar plants her really hard.
Anyhow, I'll lay off messing with you guys[maybe!]. "Moon"
Old 07-25-2011, 08:39 PM

well when i'm ready,the bnr wil be my choice. like moon said, 400hp won't hook anyway,but 375ish is sweet,plus imo,the stockers are kinda iffy.never know when yours will poof. not really trying to spend that kinda money
Old 07-26-2011, 12:03 AM

I don't think my SS with auto, would handle 375 H.P. + without going "Poof". Don't feel like pushing the issue, unless someone makes a very beefy auto, that can take that kind of torque. I'll stick with pretty much what I got.
It would be real sweet if GM had a auto that could handle around 400H.P. without problems. It would be a real launcher at the strip, with a good set of slicks. Loader up and mat it-C-ya. "Moon"
Old 07-26-2011, 06:33 AM

Rally, I can't remember where I saw it, but they already make a harness bar for the HHR(it adjusts in the middle, and mounts to the existing seatbelt mount points on the B-pillars. Looks cool, my son thinks its a rollercoaster crash bar. Kinda has that look from the back-seat, makes a great Oh-**** handle back there too.

My 400HP limit was in ref. to my Auto. our trannies won't handle much more. and they only make 400HP half-shafts for the Auto.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by foolmoon_design
Rally, I can't remember where I saw it, but they already make a harness bar for the HHR(it adjusts in the middle, and mounts to the existing seatbelt mount points on the B-pillars. Looks cool, my son thinks its a rollercoaster crash bar. Kinda has that look from the back-seat, makes a great Oh-**** handle back there too.
i think i know what you're talking about, seen a picture somewhere. i believe it's a universal harness bar that just happens to work for the HHR.

Quick Reply: trifecta tuning on upgraded turbo