2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Turbo Tech STOP mounts installed!

Old 06-26-2010, 09:47 PM

Thumbs up Turbo Tech STOP mounts installed!

The bottom line.......
The STOP mounts sold by TTR for the Balt SS will fit the HHR SS.
And it's a no fuss install.
Aaron orginally sent me bushing inserts to try out on the SS and I was gun ho for it until I realized that "it was gonna take awhile" for it to happen.
So THANKS TO AARON I was able snag a set of the STOP mounts and "Thanks" to Sean at Wilson Goodyear in Germantown, MD. I was able to get'em installed this past Saturday.
The install is a breeze if you have a lift handy and somewhat more difficult if you are doin'' it on your back only because you will be needing a pry bar to help line things up.
TTR does include install directions that also include color pics and they are spot on. I've got a few pics posted in the gallery of the job but they are like a few pennies compared to the color pics that are in the included directions.
Total time of the job was 1 and 1/2 hours (at a slow pace) and there wasn't the usual "dang" moments.
Performance wise....... no wheel hop on a hard launch, shifting seems to be more percise and firmer, engine torque less of a bother. Comfort wise there is a bit more of the vibs but I believe as with the upper mount they will be hardly noticeable after a few thousand miles.
On the pain in the butt scale for the install........... 5 out of a 10. On the results scale......... 10 out of a 10!

Last edited by stranger; 06-27-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:00 AM

Turbo Tech STOP mounts installed

The first real test drive was today ....... had alot of honey do Saturday after the install job.
First impressions........ Yes there is more vibs felt at idle, but not excessive...... and with the a/c goin' full blast there is barely a hint of a vib at some rpm's. But then again I've been told I'm one of those people that will notice things more than the average person.
The hard launch....... She will slightly haze the left front tire (in the wheel hop manner) but I believe that is just because I run a slightly higher psi in my tires.
The shift up and down........ Well the engine isn't in the bay jumpin' around from the changin' rpm's...... kinda answers itself, nothing is movin' so the shift cable stays put, no flexing and movin' around.
Torque steer........ It's always been there but now it's not as wild, it's more predictable and a lot easier to handle.
Now my personal opinion......... heck of a upgrade ( and on sale! ). If you stop and think 'bout it you have eliminated the first thing the engine does when you get on the go pedal........ it wants to jump up and pitch to the side or front depending on how you look at it.
It's not for everyone but then again the SS isn't something that everyone wants. And for the stage 1 guys it might very well solve boost issues from things goin' bump if you know what I mean.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:33 PM

Cool, I offered to try the Cobalt SS/TC mounts out on the HHR SS from Turbo Tech 3-4 months ago. I was told by Turbo Tech, XXL was trying them out but he never posted up any follow ups what so ever.
Glad the mounts worked out for you
Old 06-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by HHRSSouth
Cool, I offered to try the Cobalt SS/TC mounts out on the HHR SS from Turbo Tech 3-4 months ago. I was told by Turbo Tech, XXL was trying them out but he never posted up any follow ups what so ever.
Glad the mounts worked out for you

XXL, tried this same thing 3 months ago, and said he had so many issues, that they were basically not going to work (from what I remember).

OP did his homework with us, and wanted to try, so we did, he is a good member that got the job done and verified.

This mod should be used on any HHR SS (Manual) in which adds any performance mods. Most cobalt owners do this mod first, before anything else.

Here is the product for ANY MANUAL LNF (TURBO) HHR member to purchase:

http://www.turbotechracing.com/produ...78&idcategory=

Please post when you purchase.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:25 PM

If I didn't have a trip to St. Thomas for a wedding.................I'd be all over this. Good work Stranger, we should meet up sometime.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Father Azmodius
If I didn't have a trip to St. Thomas for a wedding.................I'd be all over this. Good work Stranger, we should meet up sometime.
Yes we appreciate Stranger for taking the time to verify this application.

Make sure everyone checks out the Upper Engine mounts also, which 100's of HHR owners already have.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:58 PM

Stranger-

Thanks for being the petri dish on this one.

Great review. They now join the definite short list
Old 06-30-2010, 12:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks for all the orders for these, everyone!
Old 06-30-2010, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing

This mod should be used on any HHR SS (Manual) in which adds any performance mods. Most cobalt owners do this mod first, before anything else.

Here is the product for ANY MANUAL LNF (TURBO) HHR member to purchase:

http://www.turbotechracing.com/produ...78&idcategory=

Please post when you purchase.
Can us automatic trans owners not use these? Back in the day I have these on my auto Cavalier and had no problems. Just wondering.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by outlandishhhr
Can us automatic trans owners not use these? Back in the day I have these on my auto Cavalier and had no problems. Just wondering.
Auto cavalier and manual cavaliers do not use the same mounts. Reason we know is we are the ONLY company to offer any auto tranny mount for the cavalier/sunfire....

The tranny mounts on the auto tranny to our knowledge is not the same as the manual F35 trans.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turbo Tech STOP mounts installed!