Chevy HHR Network

Chevy HHR Network (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/)
-   2.0L Performance Tech (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-0l-performance-tech-46/)
-   -   what are my chances of getting a code with a k&n filter (https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/2-0l-performance-tech-46/what-my-chances-getting-code-k-n-filter-46411/)

MIKEYfixit 07-04-2013 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by foxtrotraptor (Post 711294)
For me I had issues with the filter by itself with the stock pipe. I would throw a code and go into limp mode, but once I bought the full kit with the K&N pipe and lid, it all went away. Almost a year and no problems yet. :twothumbs:

Anybody know the K&N pipe part number? Couldn't I just add their pipe and use the stock air filter and lid?

bigjacksauto 07-04-2013 10:24 AM

Well thought I was all set car ran very smooth for a day or so after pulling the k&n and switching back to the stock filter and cleaning the Maf
But of course this morning after starting it and thinking everything was fine I pulled out of my driveway and the car moved fine until about 10 mph then stumbled and to my total surprise shut off.
Restarted ran rough pulled in driveway.
Had a p101 pending code. Started away again and it shut off again.
Drove for 5 minutes seems fine now shows p101 and p106 code again.
Any ideas it did sit in a very hot and humid garage last night for a couple hours till I turned on the dehumidifier.
Thinking of cleaning the maf one more time

foxtrotraptor 07-04-2013 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by MIKEYfixit (Post 711407)
Anybody know the K&N pipe part number? Couldn't I just add their pipe and use the stock air filter and lid?

The K&N part number is 087147. I suppose you could use the stock filter with the K&N pipe but I think it wouldn't run right since the K&N filter sucks in more air? May throw something off idk

foxtrotraptor 07-04-2013 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by bigjacksauto (Post 711408)
Well thought I was all set car ran very smooth for a day or so after pulling the k&n and switching back to the stock filter and cleaning the Maf
But of course this morning after starting it and thinking everything was fine I pulled out of my driveway and the car moved fine until about 10 mph then stumbled and to my total surprise shut off.
Any ideas it did sit in a very hot and humid garage last night for a couple hours till I turned on the dehumidifier.

Wow idk, sounds like it may be another issue I've never heard of a K&N filter causing a car to shut off. Has this happen again? Or was it a one time thing? Perhaps this was the cars way of resetting after sensing that there was different air flow with the stock air filter

bigjacksauto 07-04-2013 01:03 PM

Seemed to happen just after it went off the cold startup cycle?
Pretty positive it has to do with the oil from k&n since it triggered a pendin p101code

bigjacksauto 07-05-2013 08:03 AM

Well things have gone bad again this morning
I have created another thread looking for help now that this has really turned into an issue
Car starts fine in the morning but stumbles upon acceleration and usually shuts off.
here is the continuation on to the new thread.
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...534#post711534

ChevroletCustomerService 07-05-2013 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by bigjacksauto (Post 711408)

I'm really sorry to hear that your vehicle is experiencing these issues. I feel that it is best to have your vehicle diagnosed at a dealership. To do further research could you please private message me your name, address, phone number, vehicle identification number, and current mileage.

Thank you,

Jessica L.
Chevrolet Customer Care

sleeper 07-06-2013 12:02 AM

Jessica- Don't you need a DNA sample also ? :propeller:

bigjacksauto 07-06-2013 05:26 AM

thanks for that info foxy everything seemed fine for 2 weeks with the can and drop in filternow after taking it to the dealer and them sending me home so that I can bring it back drop it off when its cold hopefully I can get it back over there without having it towedthere is more discussion on the actual problem I am having on this link here
https://www.chevyhhr.net/forums/show...534#post711534