2.0L Performance Tech 260hp (235hp auto) Turbocharged SS tuner version. 260 lb-ft of torque

Who writes a really good tune file for the SS?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 01:09 PM

Who writes a really good tune file for the SS?

I paid BackYardTurbo two weeks ago and haven't heard from him since. Thinking about doing a PayPal dispute to get my money back and go elsewhere. He hasn't been on HPTuners forum since the 3rd. I was planning on waiting until he got back on there to see whats going on. I just don't want it to take too long and then not be able to do anything about it with Paypal

Anyone else write a great file for more power and better economy?
Old 11-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Give Nick sometime, he has some family issues going on right now, but he is a stand up guy... He will get with you. We have 2 of our current customers also waiting on him. Dont file a paypal dispute on him yet.

Nick will be one of the best, and a bit of a wait time will be worth it in the end IMO.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:40 PM

He mentioned family problems, that is the reason I haven't done anything yet. But that was October 29th and he said everything was back to normal and I would have the file that night. I figured I would give it another week or so.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Chevy13
He mentioned family problems, that is the reason I haven't done anything yet. But that was October 29th and he said everything was back to normal and I would have the file that night. I figured I would give it another week or so.
Two words, chill dude. I was pissed when I got my HPT software and it didn't work. They were at SEMA and didn't communicate much for a week. A WEEK. I thought about buying the software for 6 months before buying. No reply sucks from anyone but it's a week.
Old 11-09-2011, 03:10 PM

This thread is basically backup for if this goes on for more than another week +. Just a "what other options are out there?"
Old 11-09-2011, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Chevy13
This thread is basically backup for if this goes on for more than another week +. Just a "what other options are out there?"
HPTuners. Great tuning software but you must know what you are doing. The forum helps a bunch and I'm learning fast but the LNF has more tables are more than I can count. Trifecta is also great, Vince will hook you up. Just remember all ECU's vary and a perfect tune is almost an art. Keep posting and have fun.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:14 PM

I have been waiting too so don't worry your not the only one.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Victory Red SS
HPTuners. Great tuning software but you must know what you are doing. The forum helps a bunch and I'm learning fast but the LNF has more tables are more than I can count. Trifecta is also great, Vince will hook you up. Just remember all ECU's vary and a perfect tune is almost an art. Keep posting and have fun.
I have HPTuners, just not the time to learn it. I can do basic stuff
Old 11-09-2011, 06:19 PM

I've heard BYT can get quite backed up. I'm trying it on my own plus I have an auto which has little support for tuning here or on HPT 'cause most have a stick. Read the forum while you wait. Sure you will get a headache after a while with the acronyms and the tables and the histos but it all kinda starts to seep in after a while. Take a lot of notes too.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:47 PM

it is all a matter of how patient you are and how long you want to wait. he has your money you have no service...i certainly understand that. i seriously doubt he will have taken your money and flat out not give you the tune. wait it out as long as you feel you should and if all else fails i can put you in contact with my tuner

Quick Reply: Who writes a really good tune file for the SS?